5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got On It A Bit Today

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm getting over my break-in paranoia. I had to wait on a pretty steady flow of traffic to pull onto one of the local highways. They were still streaming as far as I could see, but a little bigger gap was approaching.

So I pre-selected 2 on the gear so I wouldn't have to worry about trying to stab the little button on the steering wheel while turning, and when the gap came I gave it a good bit of throttle and let 'er rip.

I let it rev to 5K before shifting, then did it again and was right up with traffic before I knew it. This is the first time I've shifted that high, and y'all probably already knew this, but hey this is a good running engine! :D

I mean, my old Cheyenne with the spread-bore 350 would do that if you asked, but I think the RAM actually liked it. I am suitably impressed. WoooHooo! (y)

My only complaint is the +/- buttons on the steering wheel, stupid place for those. Wonder if I can parallel connect a couple buttons on the console or something. :unsure: Job for another day, maybe. :cool:

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Yes, things really start happening once the revs get up above 3000. Near me there's an onramp that makes an S curve. I take the two turns relatively easy and usually get some jerks crowding me but as soon as I come out of the last turn I stab it -- not even floored - and it's like being launched in a rocket.

Users who are viewing this thread