5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got new wheels and tires...the online place forgot to put Tpms in...

RonBang

Reaction score
So I got new wheels and tires from custom wheel offsets. They get here and I’m lookin at them and to me the valve stem don’t look like the tpms on their site or the model that was supposed to be. Long story short yeah they forgot to install them! Mad mad mad as hell. They are refunding the money for them but still how do you forget...its even on the check list checked off as installed. Anyway. Truck shop down the road said $25 a tire to take my stock tpms and transfer them over...i asked will they break...guy said no it would be fine. Only eight months old. He said he doesn’t have to take tire off so won’t have to rebalance anything. What do you think? Can they be swapped over...is it worth it...will I have to rebalance...or just run them without and deal with the light?

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I dont know if these are oem or not, but for the same price as they're charging just for installation you can get new ones for the tires and not worry about it again
3e2b66ffee9ab9c81bd8d9dfac6bc6bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

TPA-RAM

Reaction score
I’ve had issues with non-OEM TPMS working. I would use your original TPMS and ask Custom offsets to credit you for the amount of the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MechEng

Reaction score
Exactly why I went through tire rack for my wheel and tire setup. I’ve heard horror stories over the years with custom offsets and their pricing was stupid expensive anyway. This is not the first time I’ve heard of them forgetting to install tpms sensors. One of my buddies got into it with them pretty bad because they were denying that the tpms were missing. The fact that it was checked off as installed would make me livid.

Users who are viewing this thread