5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my parts for box extender. and questions on flash upgrades

borderjack

Reaction score
I owned a 2014 Longhorn with the bells and whistles that included the cargo management system with the box extender/divider. When I ordered my 2019, I checked the same boxes for the RAM boxes, cargo management system, etc. and expected the same layout at the previous as it was a very nice system when I needed to carry items longer than my 5'-7" box could carry inside the tailgate.
When I got my 2019, I didn't notice that the latches for the divider (which is identical to my '14) were not installed. I found this out when I purchased a new mattress and went to attach the divider as the box extender. this is when I noticed the missing parts.
I went directly to the dealer and was told that they knew of the problem and FCA said that they were not providing the box extention as took re-certification. Nothing was mentioned in the literature or information at the dealer when I ordered the expensive option that it didn't contain a couple of wing levers.
I contacted FCA directly and was put in touch with a CSR. I was told that they wanted their customers to be satisfied and would provide the parts and the dealer would install them free of charge. (I would hope so as I believe that this a part of the cargo management system I paid for). Without the box extender, I would not call it a cargo management system anymore, just a box divider system.
I took a couple of months, but the parts came and are now installed. I now have a complete cargo management system.

When I had this installed, they also performed the V04 ground cable check, the V07 brake pedal adjustment, the RRT 18-130, RRT 18-131 and RRT 18-132. Still trying to find out what each update is. I see that partly it is for the e-Torque. Anyone have the full details?

Laramie81

Reaction score
I’ve read a lot about these now being illegal and dealers being ordered to remove them from trucks. I didn’t want to involve the dealer in case that were true, but I managed to find the parts online and order them myself. Haven’t received them yet but hoping all goes well.

skidmark

Reaction score
I’ve read a lot about these now being illegal and dealers being ordered to remove them from trucks. I didn’t want to involve the dealer in case that were true, but I managed to find the parts online and order them myself. Haven’t received them yet but hoping all goes well.

From where did you order the parts?

Users who are viewing this thread