5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my new wheels and tires today .........

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
69? Is the Mopar lift also a level? Your truck doesn't look raked at all...I was super conservative on my tires but I'm debating trying to squeeze 35s stock maybe consider a 2 in lift.

Last edited:

LossPrev

Reaction score
Looks good! Interesting tire choice, would have expected a super aggressive off road one. You must prefer good road manners like myself

That lift makes the truck sit at the perfect height. How much mpg hit did that cause?

Lawdog

Reaction score
Good catch on the 69 lol changed to 60.

My stock wheels and tires are in the bed probably bringing the back down a touch.. when measured previously I had 3 1/2" difference front to rear.

I did not want the Stuffed look with 35's and decided I did not want to lift higher at this time.

The tires created some noticeable power loss, and Mileage will have to see as I just got today. I choose the Michelin because I drive 40 miles each way to work and the Michelin, while not looking as "COOL" as other tires, perform phenomenally in all conditions, even snow. I don't go wheeling so the need for mud tires is not there. I ran 295/65-20 Michelins on my last truck, a 2017 2500 Megacab Limited with a hemi.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Oh okay that makes sense about the more levelled apperance.

Are you driving 3.92? I couldn't tell a difference in power when I swapped my wheels out and the ride became much smoother, seemingly. Gas mileage had a negligible difference but I think that's more because I'm at 275.

I chose the AT tires for the aesthetics but they ride as comfortably as the stock, if not more IMO. They don't have crazy big tread lugs like mud tires or howling.

I think your truck looks great as is. Now I'm debating if I need to try the Mopar lift kit myself

John813

Reaction score
Where you buy the Black Rhinos from?
Like some of their wheels, but am in no rush to buy unless there's some killer deal.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm eager to know how those Defenders do in the snow. I've had vehicles with the LTX MS, LTX MS2, and LTX Premiere. They've all done exceptionally in the wet and better than most all-seasons in the snow. The Defender is the replacement for the LTX MS series, and I find it interesting that they also cost less.

Lawdog

Reaction score
I'm eager to know how those Defenders do in the snow. I've had vehicles with the LTX MS, LTX MS2, and LTX Premiere. They've all done exceptionally in the wet and better than most all-seasons in the snow. The Defender is the replacement for the LTX MS series, and I find it interesting that they also cost less.

I had them in 295/65-20 on my 17-2500 Megacab and they are awesome all around
IMG_2998.JPG IMG_2963.JPG

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Very nice, LOve those Defenders, I upgraded to them on my last truck and loved them.

molonlabe

Reaction score
I've been running those tires (in a different size) since the day after I got my Ram and I love them. Smooth and quiet on the highway but also really tough, at least in the LT variant. I've driven them off road through Texas mesquite many times each year and have never had an issue with them. On my second set.

Users who are viewing this thread