5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my first deer with my new Ram.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh man, that sucks. I remember my one and only hitting it with my Dakota.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh man i know how that feels. About 30 years ago i was driving a back road after i just picked up my new sweet black Isuzu 4x4 truck and about 3 deer crossed my path. Lets.just say those deer 🦌 and myself had a bad day! 😬

Jako

Reaction score
:eek::cry: Ah:poop: Sorry to hear.
Staten Island has a deer problem. BUT it is actually a mayor problem. Dumblasio is in a league all to himself.
This administration was trying to solve the problem by doing vasectomies on the deer.

"What's needed is a paradigm change, DeNicola said, for Americans to view deer less like majestic Bambis and more like health threats that spread diseases."

Deer are 4 legged vermin that have undue recognition as "cute" because of Walt and Bambi.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Staten Island has a deer problem. BUT it is actually a mayor problem. Dumblasio is in a league all to himself.
This administration was trying to solve the problem by doing vasectomies on the deer.

"What's needed is a paradigm change, DeNicola said, for Americans to view deer less like majestic Bambis and more like health threats that spread diseases."

Deer are 4 legged vermin that have undue recognition as "cute" because of Walt and Bambi.
We have nicknamed the deer here "yard rats" they do nothing but eat bushes and get in my garden. Its hard to blame them when the neighbors constantly feed them corn so they can view them. Now we have coyotes coming in to pray on the fawns and they are killing house cats also. 🐈

LouNY

Reaction score
Deer cause a lot of vehicle damage, I have a scanner in my kitchen not a day goes by without several car deer calls.
My wife has gotten then with her Equinox ( a $5000 tag) and her Jeep Compass (buff out a scuff).
My kids hit several while growing up. My old Dakota took out at least 6 of the danged things.
One the first winter I had it damaged the grill, I waited till summer and replaced the grill it was about a month later and another one
took out the new grill and put a dimple in the hood, repaired that. Got one that took out a headlight, fixed.
Then the truck got rear ended, drove it with temperay rear lights till I found a good used bed, got it swapped and was all set to
take the truck to the body shop for a paint job and danged deer took out the headlight again then spun around and must have hit the rear of the back tire
which yanked that damned one up and around the wheel wheel wrinked and buckled the wheel wheel rear front and top.
That was it replaced the head lamp and just kept driving the truck it got a couple more before I got rid of it.

RAMVW

Reaction score
Terrible problem here in North Georgia too. Dead ones along our roads weekly. We've counted as many as 16 in our one acre yard at one time. Sometimes the Georgia DNR will allow bow hunting in the local neighborhoods but it doesn't do much good.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They are delicious, too.

Jako

Reaction score
We have nicknamed the deer here "yard rats" they do nothing but eat bushes and get in my garden. Its hard to blame them when the neighbors constantly feed them corn so they can view them. Now we have coyotes coming in to pray on the fawns and they are killing house cats also. 🐈
Your neighbors need an education. Send them to:

I attended when I was about 13 years old, compliments of the Staten Island Sportsmen Club. They would send 5 youths for a week. It is over 50 years ago but it was a good experience learning about the controls on fishing, hunting and such. Eventually the herd will out grow the area and suffer the consequences.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Yea, I call the things Mountain Rats. They breed like rats up here on the mountain. Trashed my last truck when one slammed into the side of me. Waiting for one in the new Ram.

The day after I got a new bumper on my jeep one had the misfortune of running out in front of me. With the great aftermarket available for jeeps, I had a good steel bumper with a grill guard hoop. Went over that thing like it was a speed bump. No damage but a bit of deer poop on the windshield!

Users who are viewing this thread