5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got Lucky For Once !!!

Oldphart

Reaction score
So I noticed my windshield washers quit working the other day. The pump was working but fluid was leaking from the bottom of the plastic liner under the hood. I remembered we had a hard freeze a couple of weeks ago. I had visions of ruptured lines under the hood due to the cold. Pulled the liner....there are 13 round clips holding the liner to the bottom of the hood. There was one line that was disconnected; all I had to do was reconnect it. They use a positive type of connector and it basically snapped back into place.

Moral of the story #1: make sure you use a below zero rated fluid. I always do but the last fill was done by the place that changes my oil. I mentioned this to them. They said all was "up to mfg" recommendations but I have my doubts. I'll start looking for another oil change place.

Moral of the story #2: don't let anyone (espically your brother in law) use anything unless you are there to inventory the box after he is done. I had take a quick trip the the O'Reilly's to get the proper removal tool that I had always put back in the same place for the last 50+ years. I started keeping the box locked and am waiting for him to ask me why. That will be my signal that he has been going into it without my knowledge.

Last edited:

SpikeMike

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm having the same problem. Is a normal trim removal tool ok for removing the clips on the hood liner?

Oldphart

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm having the same problem. Is a normal trim removal tool ok for removing the clips on the hood liner?
Yes it's just the two in the middle are a bit of a pain to get to. Bring out a small step stool.

Users who are viewing this thread