5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got a magnaflow muffler installed

Volkster

Reaction score
Do either of you two have any photos of the section of exhaust with the magnaflow installed? Curious to see the fitment.

Volkster

Reaction score
Also, the #14239 muffler you used is 20" long overall but the stock muffler body alone is 22" so I'm assuming there is a section of 3" pipe that was added in too?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the Magnaflow 14" muffler assembly from B2 Fabrications installed this morning. Just what I was looking for. Gives the truck a little bit of a throaty rumble on start up, when idling, and when cruising. When you get on it, it comes alive.

This is what I think the Hemis should sound like from the factory.

It might be too quiet for some; but it's just right for me.

Got it paired right now with the Afe Magnum CAI, which I installed Saturday. And I've got the Pulsar waiting at home (thanks UPS) which I'll install this evening. That should really wake her up. :)

Vic

Reaction score
What is the difference between the B2 14" Magnaflow muffler and the #14239 14" Magnaflow muffler, other than $130+?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the difference between the B2 14" Magnaflow muffler and the #14239 14" Magnaflow muffler, other than $130+?

The B2 assembly already has the piping welded onto the muffler so that it's a simple bolt on replacement.

You do have to make one cut to cut the stock muffler out, and then the new set up slips over the pipe and clamps tight and the other end bolts onto the pipe that leads to the dual exhaust pipes. Probably saves money with the muffler shop if you have a shop install it. Or, you can fairly easily install it yourself like some of the folks on here are doing. I didn't want to be crawling around under the truck so I paid a shop $50.00 to swap it out for me. Took them a little less than an hour.

Here's pic of how it comes from B2.

The other pic is of the huge stock muffler.

Attachments

• Magnaflow.jpg
    Magnaflow.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Stock Muffler.jpg
    Stock Muffler.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 114

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The part # B2 fab uses is 11229. same straight though design. B2 is center/offset where one above is offset/offset

Reactions: Vic

Users who are viewing this thread