5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google map only displays half screen

schneidercecil

Reaction score
2023 limited during car play Apple Maps Waze displays full screen google map displays half screen any ideas

66Fuelie

Reaction score
see my post below. im trying to figure it out.
tom

Waveslayer

Reaction score
That's all you're going to get with it. Been a complaint for a long time now

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

mtnbikej

Reaction score
I have found if I open Google Maps on my iphone while Google Maps is open halft screen, then force close the app on my phone....when I reopen on the screen it is full screen.

Sounds like a Google issue.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Sometimes that works sometimes it doesn't for me. I have also found if I go to apps and touch CarPlay a couple times then back to google maps it will switch to full screen for a few days.
I used to write some apps for the iPhone. Apple was very sneaky with quietly remove items you use in programming forcing you to rewrite parts of you app.
Mine had worked flawless since I bought my 23 last feburary then I updated my iPhone software and started having problems.
Tom

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I have found if I open Google Maps on my iphone while Google Maps is open halft screen, then force close the app on my phone....when I reopen on the screen it is full screen.

Sounds like a Google issue.
MtnBikej
I miss read your post. This works amazing for me.
Thanks
Tom

bigboost

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing every once in a while, I just close the app and re-open it and it seems to fix it.

I just bought my 2022 Ram and this Uconnect5 is absolute garbage.

bigboost

Reaction score
Not really giving it a chance to learn how it works. It's better than most other systems if it's that bad sell the truck because it ain't changing how it works.
lol wut.

No need to give it a chance, it's obviously in a beta state at best which is confirmed by them pushing OTA updates as often as they do and the poor performance in general, glitches, freezing, resets just driving down the road, loses audio randomly, they really got you drinking the koolaid if you think this is "better than most" From where I'm sitting this is possibly the worst experience I've ever had from an OEM infotainment.

Not to mention Uconnect's shortcomings stretch across multiple auto manufacturers.

Fortunately I bought my Cummins to do work not for the radio so I'll deal with it.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
lol wut.

No need to give it a chance, it's obviously in a beta state at best which is confirmed by them pushing OTA updates as often as they do and the poor performance in general, glitches, freezing, resets just driving down the road, loses audio randomly, they really got you drinking the koolaid if you think this is "better than most" From where I'm sitting this is possibly the worst experience I've ever had from an OEM infotainment.

Not to mention Uconnect's shortcomings stretch across multiple auto manufacturers.

Fortunately I bought my Cummins to do work not for the radio so I'll deal with it.
I and most other people don't have any of the problems you claim to have. Sounds like a problem with your unit. Every company gets bad parts sometimes.

There had only been about 4 or 5 updates since I bought my 2022 in March 2022. That's not very "often" in my book (only 1 was Ota). Not once have I needed to update due to problems and I even disabled auto-updating for that matter anyways because you don't need updates on a working head unit.

Sounds like you just joined this forum 14 days ago to complain about your truck vs get advise and fix any problems you might be encountering. But to each their own I suppose.

bigboost

Reaction score
I and most other people don't have any of the problems you claim to have. Sounds like a problem with your unit. Every company gets bad parts sometimes.

There had only been about 4 or 5 updates since I bought my 2022 in March 2022. That's not very "often" in my book (only 1 was Ota). Not once have I needed to update due to problems and I even disabled auto-updating for that matter anyways because you don't need updates on a working head unit.

Sounds like you just joined this forum 14 days ago to complain about your truck vs get advise and fix any problems you might be encountering. But to each their own I suppose.
Oh don't worry, in my short 14 day tenure I've already seen you jump to incorrect conclusions, watched you argue with someone on my other thread about adjusting the comfort settings and only to get proved wrong and make up some whack excuse as to why you were wrong.

PS the entire Uconnect 5 subforum is full of nothing but everyone having problems with zero solutions. Carry on though my guy lol.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
PS the entire Uconnect 5 subforum is full of nothing but everyone having problems with zero solutions. Carry on though my guy lol.
Right... Everything is terrible with nothing but problems and no solutions. Let me know when you wake up.

bigboost

Reaction score
Right... Everything is terrible with nothing but problems and no solutions. Let me know when you wake up.

Yet here we are conversing about another example of a Uconnect 5 issue with no solution. Talk about dense. :ROFLMAO:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

You're exaggerating. Forums are where people come because they have problems. Nobody comes on a forum to report that their radio is trouble free. I'm willing to bet most have very few, if any issues.

I've had both UC4 and 5. UC4 was flawless for me, but it was a little slow. I've had a few, very minor issues with UC5. One was my own fault. The only one I can't resolve is my clock is one hour fast when I sync the time with GPS. Easily fixed by entering the time manually. Otherwise, UC5 has been solid for me.

Comparing it to my other two cars, I prefer UC5. It's not perfect, but a perfect system does not exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online