5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodyear wrangler winter( canada)

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Hey, can you really run the 2023 rebel gt goodyear wranglers in the harsh canadian winters?

I have a set of 18 inch snow on steels rims from my 2020 ram 1500 sport, not sure if they would fit my rebel just in case?

Looking for insight?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey, can you really run the 2023 rebel gt goodyear wranglers in the harsh canadian winters?

I have a set of 18 inch snow on steels rims from my 2020 ram 1500 sport, not sure if they would fit my rebel just in case?

Looking for insight?
A good snow tire will be better then AT tires.

That said some AT tires do preform good in heavy snow and sometimes ice.

I would recommend just trying them out and if needed swap them out after the first snow (test out spinning the tires, breaking, etc in a safe spot).

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well. Living in Ontario (central north) I run Blizzak LTs in the winter months and the stock duratracs the rest. No replacement for dedicated high quality snow tires IMO. Add chains and or studs and now you’re talking.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Rebel and the Sport are very similar mechanical-wise. Sport has the same suspension, the tire size is a little different, but the wheels are the same bolt pattern. OEM wheels on the Sport are 1" wider than the Rebel, but that works in your favor as far as backspacing.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have had my Goodyear Wrangler on my truck since day one. They have been a good winter tire where I live. The snow storm we had last year with 3-4 foot drifts I just motored on through them. Now I did get stuck in a 5 foot one but just backed out of it and put it in 4 low and locked the rear diff then got through it. I got about 45000km on truck so they are maybe half worn. Just know that the stock Goodyear Wrangler tires are not winter approved-they don't have the snowflake on them like the aftermarket ones.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only issue I have with the duratrac in northern Ontario is on hard packed snow and ice. We have 8 or more inches on the ground already and have no issues in 4wd getting around on the logging roads.

A dedicated winter tire would out perform the duratrac on the hard packed snow/ice. Many vehicles here are using studded tires as the roads don’t ever get salted or plowed to bare pavement, they just add sand after scraping the loose snow off.

Goodyear just released the duratrac RT which has the 3PMSF designation on all sizes including the factory rebel size tire. They also appear to have more siping, which should help even more in the snow.

Last edited:

Paco

Reaction score
I live in Alberta and it get cold and icy.

All Season tires retain traction down to I think 7 degrees
Duratrack are no different, Yes they will plow through snow due to aggressive tread design, but put them on ice or cold weather your in for trouble.
Its not the getting there thats the problem, its what if you have to stop suddenly???

I bought some cheap 18inch silver rims from a base model ram.
About the same price as steelies and put on a winter tire.
My 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/