5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure w/ Kevlar, reviews?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for long term reviews from you folks who have these tires.
I bought a set last month and have been happy with them - smooth ride, good MPGs.
But haven’t had the chance to try them out in snow and off road.
I wish they looked a little more aggressive.
Would like to switch to Cooper or Falken A/Ts but decided to let these wear down first.
Pros/cons from folks who have had the Goodyear’s awhile?
Thx. B1A44DA5-369D-4FBE-A902-DD24415E323C.jpeg

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a set last month and have been happy with them - smooth ride, good MPGs.
Would like to switch to Cooper or Falken A/Ts but decided to let these wear down first.
Thx. View attachment 64491
The Kevlar ones sounded pretty cool to me but ended up with the Falken Wildpeaks (last week) and love them. I have a friend that works at Goodyear manufacturering down in AZ and he told me that Goodyear tires are great for everything....except for trucks lmao! He re-treads the aircraft tires and told me the leftovers are used for cars and trucks (the recycled leftovers). I'm sure he didn't mean every single one ...maybe he just meant the highway and all season tires since A/T is a different compound.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Kevlar ones sounded pretty cool to me but ended up with the Falken Wildpeaks (last week) and love them. I have a friend that works at Goodyear manufacturering down in AZ and he told me that Goodyear tires are great for everything....except for trucks lmao! He re-treads the aircraft tires and told me the leftovers are used for cars and trucks (the recycled leftovers). I'm sure he didn't mean every single one ...maybe he just meant the highway and all season tires since A/T is a different compound.

Well, crap! Now I’m really motivated to switch out. Thanks for the intel..

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, crap! Now I’m really motivated to switch out. Thanks for the intel..
Lol you're welcome. I wouldn't rush it though. Try the Kevlars out in the snow and off road anyway and let us know! I do agree that they don't look very truck like haha

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every maker uses some recycled rubber in the tires. Nothing to worry about.
No there was something specific about this he mentioned...I just don't remember what his exact words were. He said with what they used and how they developed them he was scared to ever use Goodyear truck tires. I'll leave it to you...I just know what I was told by someone who actually does work at Goodyear. *Facility is right outside of Kingman Arizona*...near a prison. Lol

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wife has a set that came on her 2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk. 35k or so, and still have 7/32 or 8/32 left, enough for one more winter I think. No complaints, got the car (used) in March, and she had no issues with the tail end of winter (a few snow storms).

They're ranked really highly in many non-LT sizes. The LT ones aren't quite as highly ranked, but still seem to do well.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to say... will I be buying them again come tire replacement time for her Jeep GC? Maybe. We'll see how the Falkens do on my truck, as they seem to be dominating the reviews for best non-LT A/T snow tire right now (without going to a winter-specific/only tire).

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the intel guys I appreciate it.
So far these tires have been good to me. Smooth ride, great wet traction. We shall see how they do in snow later this year ( if we don’t get a tropical repeat here in N Virginia like last winter, lol)

mtvrwe2003

Reaction score
I work at GY Fayetteville where most of these truck tires are built and there is no recycled rubber in them. They are first class tires with a warranty with that being said buy what you can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I work at GY Fayetteville where most of these truck tires are built and there is no recycled rubber in them. They are first class tires with a warranty with that being said buy what you can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure not all have recycled rubber in them but my buddy that does the re-treading of aircraft tires stated that the leftover and recycled rubber is sent to other facilities to be made into car/truck tires. I'm not bad mouthing Goodyear...I just know what I'm told by people who I know for a fact work for Goodyear...if that makes sense. My stock Goodyear's were fine...never had a problem with them for the first 20k miles.

jkm312

Reaction score
Condor 757

To answer your question. I purchased a set (20") for my last truck, an 09 Silverado. I ran them for 30,000+ miles and didn't have any problems with them. At 30,000+ still going strong.I always got a flat or two each year from an alley I was stuck with. The kevlar stopped that. They handled everything I thru at them. Deep snow, rain, mud, sand, not overly noisy, held their balance, handled well enough for a truck tire. I don't do any off road. I would put another set on my RAM when the time comes. Not an inexpensive tire, but you only get what you pay for.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Condor 757

To answer your question. I purchased a set (20") for my last truck, an 09 Silverado. I ran them for 30,000+ miles and didn't have any problems with them. At 30,000+ still going strong.I always got a flat or two each year from an alley I was stuck with. The kevlar stopped that. They handled everything I thru at them. Deep snow, rain, mud, sand, not overly noisy, held their balance, handled well enough for a truck tire. I don't do any off road. I would put another set on my RAM when the time comes. Not an inexpensive tire, but you only get what you pay for.

Awesome write up, that’s exactly the info I was looking for. Thx!

reidcc

Reaction score
Thx.
I just wrote something on the Coopers in the AT and Snow thread. However- the Goodyear Wrangler Authority's with Kevlar... these were on my 16 Colorado when I bought it used @ 18K miles. These were completely toast at just before 30K miles- all the way around, and worn evenly. I did not off road with them at all. They were not good in the snow, they got louder the more they wore, and they had no life. Bear in mind these were the OEM versions which are often not the same as what you would find in retail distribution or aftermarket, but the damage was done... I wouldn't touch another pair. To be fair- I do hear better reports of those purchased through non-OEM.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread