5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodyear Ultraterrain vs Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Quint

Reaction score
Who doesn't love a good tire thread? I had Duratracs on my 2015 Bighorn. Right before I traded it in, I put Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's on it which I then moved over to my 2021. Now with about 35k mile on them, they only have 40% tread left which is fine for most of the year but not winter here. I'll keep the old Falkens as my summer tires but am about to pull the trigger.

As an FYI - I am pretty easy going about things. I can drink whole milk or skim, Coke or Pepsi, and am pretty content. I thought that the Wildpeaks were a little better than the Duratracs but not enough to really care. I have a buddy that can get me discounted tires and said that while he is willing to get me the Wildpeaks, he strongly recommends the Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrains. He has them on both of his trucks (not Ram). Let's here the good and bad. I'm sure that I'll hear both!

bvigne01

Reaction score
Look at discount tire reviews. Ultra terrain is as good at duratracs but cheaper. I have the Ulta terrain on my truck and no issues with them. Good tire

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who doesn't love a good tire thread? I had Duratracs on my 2015 Bighorn. Right before I traded it in, I put Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's on it which I then moved over to my 2021. Now with about 35k mile on them, they only have 40% tread left which is fine for most of the year but not winter here. I'll keep the old Falkens as my summer tires but am about to pull the trigger.

As an FYI - I am pretty easy going about things. I can drink whole milk or skim, Coke or Pepsi, and am pretty content. I thought that the Wildpeaks were a little better than the Duratracs but not enough to really care. I have a buddy that can get me discounted tires and said that while he is willing to get me the Wildpeaks, he strongly recommends the Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrains. He has them on both of his trucks (not Ram). Let's here the good and bad. I'm sure that I'll hear both!
I had Goodyears wranglers on my 07 Silverado. Not sure exactly which one, it’s the same one that they also make in the Kevlar, they came stock on the off road package at that time. But I can tell you, them were the best truck tires I’ve ever had. Traded truck with over 60,000 miles, with the original tires. FYI I lived and worked on gravel even and they held up that good! 17” of snow once and I was pushing snow over the bumper and onto the hood in 4 hi passed several cars/trucks that were stuck in the road! Not one tire related issue ever! I’m not saying the other tires your asking about are bad, but I know in 07 I had really good luck with my wranglers! Good luck in whatever you decide👍🏻

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will say they are both good tires. Working in the industry, I will say Goodyear stands behind the tires better than Falken. Have had multiple Falken tires with high road force that Falken would not warranty, the dealer had to eat the cost. Goodyear has always covered the tire.

uscgmac

Reaction score
I had Falken wildpeak AT3s in my Jeep for 40k miles. Barely looked worn, still had low road noise and excellent traction. I would definitely buy them again. As per the other tires mentioned here I do not have experience with them but probably great choices as well.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Embracing winter tires is imperative for those enduring harsh weather conditions. When comparing Goodyear and Flaken tires, Goodyear's product emerges as the clear winner, exhibiting superior performance in snow braking and traction. This advantage stems from their specialized rubber compound, engineered to maintain elasticity even in frigid temperatures.
That's why Goodyears are junk in the summer. Their soft compounds are great for winter, but summer driving they have half the life of any other tire.

Quint

Reaction score
Since wedoi revived an old thread, I'll give an update. I bought the Goodyear Ultraterrains and ran them all winter, plowing through deep snow and pulling my snowmobile trailer. I never got stuck. In the spring I put my old Falkens back on because they still have useful life. They are only at 25% tread but I have to say that I'm amazed at the traction they still get in the rain. I was pulling my boat on the interstate last month in a heavy downpour. I never felt like they were hydroplanning. That was impressive for old tires with weight on the back of my truck reducing the weight on my front end.

Users who are viewing this thread