5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye nightmare!

Nj921

Reaction score
After a year of owning this truck, I’ve come to the conclusion it will never be right. 80% of the TSB’s apply to my truck, and some issues still haven’t been fixed properly. The main issues that are still concerning are the binding/engaging of the auto 4wd without any sort of slipping, and the obnoxious creaking noise in the drivers side floor board area (which now only seems to happen when it’s wet; rain, car wash), and yes, I shoved a sock around the ANC wiring harness which seemed to help most, just not mine. The DEALER finally agreed to buy this truck back and I am picking the new one up this afternoon. The new one even comes with the 115V adapters, which mine should have had! Crossing my fingers that this newer build will be hassle free.

One thing I did notice with the nightmare truck is the 2 build dates on the sticker inside the door are completely different. Anybody have any idea why or how they can be so far apart? I know it was a very early build, because the tech confirmed it and said to expect many more problems out of it.

cra1g

Reaction score
Maybe the basic shell was built 3/28, and it took them 3 months to install the additional defects? ;)

Glad to hear they're finally taking care of you--best of luck with the new one!

Nj921

Reaction score
Maybe the basic shell was built 3/28, and it took them 3 months to install the additional defects? ;)

Glad to hear they're finally taking care of you--best of luck with the new one!

Ha, probably. The first trip to the dealership required ordering 17 parts and it took well over a month. Thank you!

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
Glad you're getting a new truck.

However, why do you think your current truck should have the 115v outlets? It's a known fact that the early models never came with them. Mine is a 6/18 build and I was one of the unfortunate ones without them.

Nj921

Reaction score
Glad you're getting a new truck.

However, why do you think your current truck should have the 115v outlets? It's a known fact that the early models never came with them. Mine is a 6/18 build and I was one of the unfortunate ones without them.

Because it was advertised with the level 2 equipment package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/