5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Video from Last Dealer Training Sessions

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

Had some nice bits of information on the axle ratios, off road package, and also some test drives comparing F150, Chevy, and Ram..

D

Deleted member103

BIG thumbs up on that ! Funny I had just watched it on YouTube and was gonna try and put it HERE . . . glad I checked about 1st ! I would of probably not figured out how to "paste" it, as Jared suggested once to me ! NOTICE the Hemi-eTorque ? AND the "cute" explanation of the 3 gear ratio options ? Boy that immediate feedback/comparison of the interiors of RAM / G.M. / Ford, wow ! They have some catching up work to do for 2020 ! Wonder if they were driving eTorques on the course ? They should of mentioned that and given us a comparison to the regular Hemi !

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
One thing I've wondered about, noticed it in this video and in the Ram brochure, is that the 1500 Limited is benchmarked against the F-150 Platinum, instead of the F-150 Limited. It obviously doesn't make any difference to me, just thought that was curious.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
One thing I've wondered about, noticed it in this video and in the Ram brochure, is that the 1500 Limited is benchmarked against the F-150 Platinum, instead of the F-150 Limited. It obviously doesn't make any difference to me, just thought that was curious.

Hmm good point, don't really have an answer but good question!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is curious. Depending on equipment, a King Ranch or Platinum can be equipped to the equivalent of a Limited (although each has a unique appearance, e.g. grilles, wheels). Likewise, a Laramie Longhorn can be matched to the spec of a Ram Limited.

alow

Reaction score
Thats probably one of the better gearing explanations Ive seen.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Wish it would have been more in depth - like were the standard trucks compared similar MSRP? They weren't exactly apples to apples, as the Ram had the 8.4 and panoramic, for example. Can you not get panoramic in the F150 lower optioned Lariat for similar $? Or option a console in the GM? Would have been nice to know how the prices compared.

Also, why the beleif that a front console is somehow superior to a front bench? I'd much prefer a bench and have been trying to find a 4th gen Laramie with a bench, 6.4' bed and ramboxes (or at least a decently optioned bighorn/outdoorsman) for quite some time.

Also, the test drive portion, wish there was more detail on the terrain they drove like maniacs over. Maybe another trip without having the GM stuck in 1st gear. Would have been nice to see back to back to back the Ram, Ford, and GM go over the "potholes".

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
That is curious. Depending on equipment, a King Ranch or Platinum can be equipped to the equivalent of a Limited (although each has a unique appearance, e.g. grilles, wheels). Likewise, a Laramie Longhorn can be matched to the spec of a Ram Limited.

Yeah, as far as I can tell, the F-150 King Ranch/Platinum/Limited are all equivalent to the Laramie Longhorn/Limited. I thought it was interesting that the footnote in the 1500 brochure about it being the most luxurious truck in its segment says "Based on Ram 1500 Limited/Laramie Longhorn standard premium content comparison to Ford F-150 Platinum and Chevy..."

As an owner of none of those trucks, just seems odd to me that Ram leaves the top dog F-150 out of that comparison.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. The F-150 Limited includes surround view, park assist, adaptive cruise control, etc as standard equipment, while those are part of the Level 1 Equipment group for the 1500 Limited. If that distinction isn't what delineates two Limited models, I've got no idea!

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't watch anymore after he dropped the chevy tailgate and said it scared him...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
EDIT: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. The F-150 Limited includes surround view, park assist, adaptive cruise control, etc as standard equipment, while those are part of the Level 1 Equipment group for the 1500 Limited. If that distinction isn't what delineates two Limited models, I've got no idea!
I guess that's why they went with the Chevy over the GMC Sierra Denali as well.

D

Deleted member103

I guess that's why they went with the Chevy over the GMC Sierra Denali as well.

"Rest-Assured," these RAM Execs. know exactly what they do . . . which "Compare-trucks" to use to ALWAYS have RAM come out on top !

Is it 'fair"? Is it "honest"? Are their "Integrity-Innerds" boiling over in stomach acid? Or do they just "enjoy" the "Comrades-in-Arms fight-challenge"?

GO RAM ! :D

ps; this isn't a "neg.-critique" - more of a whimsical, go-get-em comment ! I made the comment yesterday that once I saw the "immediate" Compare of the interiors of these 3, that - there really was "no comparison," RAM hit a homer over the center field fence !

Last edited by a moderator:

alow

Reaction score
If we're being fair, if I'm holding an event against the competition I'd clearly try to stack the deck to my advantage. None of these trucks are losers but after looking at all the options I'm sticking with my decision.

D

Deleted member103

If we're being fair, if I'm holding an event against the competition I'd clearly try to stack the deck to my advantage. None of these trucks are losers but after looking at all the options I'm sticking with my decision.

"FAIR?" :) . These guys don't "Play Fair" ! It's all out war, baby ! Best team wins ! " . . . say it again, . . . There ain't no crying in baseball . . . " ! :D

Users who are viewing this thread