5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good to be aboard just about read to pull the trigger on 2019 4x4 Ram 1500 hemi Gas Laramie air Susp. elec running boards , 3.92 limited slip rear pan

Reaction score
any feed back any problems with running boards trailer tow , air susp. what kind of mileage with 3.92 gears thanks ?

RonH

Reaction score
any feed back any problems with running boards trailer tow , air susp. what kind of mileage with 3.92 gears thanks ?

I'll try to summarize a couple of key points that you can find reading around this forum.

Be aware that the trailer tow package eliminates the power folding mirrors and the 360 surround view -- two very nice features. Read around on these forums and you'll see many buyers lamenting getting the tow package and not knowing they would lose those features. They cannot be added afterwards by the dealer or aftermarket (without a considerable expense and hassle). The power folding mirrors are standard on the Laramie, and the 360 surround view is part of the Advanced Safety Group. You can get the trailer brake control separately and forego the tow package, and that will keep the standard mirrors intact.

As far as mileage goes, in general, everyone would like their mileage to be better. The 3.92 gears probably won't affect your mileage around town, but if you do a ton of highway driving, you might average 1 MPG more with the standard 3.21 gears.

My Limited has the 3.92s, the air suspension, the power running boards and the non-tow mirrors. IMO those are all very nice features. I especially like the 360 surround view camera and, of course, the 12-inch screen. And the RamBoxes. But no matter what you pick, you're getting a great truck.

Barney556180

Reaction score
I just got my new 2019 Laramie Sport pkg. The trailer brake controller is due to the dealer sometime soon. Apparently has been BO.

Now just waiting to hear from my dealer...

Users who are viewing this thread