5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good sun visor?

cliffsta

Reaction score
Are any of these sturdy and folding, not thin and floppy? I had the GM made one specific to my Silverado and I loved it. Not trying to spend a fortune but I don’t wanna get the Heatshield one if it’s thin and floppy like the ones at autozone.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Heatshield is not folding, but it's not thin and floppy. I had one in both my Tundra and Lexus for 10 and 13 years and they were still like new.

cliffsta

Reaction score
The Heatshield is not folding, but it's not thin and floppy. I had one in both my Tundra and Lexus for 10 and 13 years and they were still like new.
It doesn’t fold? So it’s like permanently in that big open shape? That seems inconvenient.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Putting in a vote for the Covercraft. Here are some pics of it in my truck.

sunscreen outside.jpg sunscreen inside.jpg sunscreen label.jpg sunscreen tag.jpg

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Covercraft for sure. Best one I’ve ever owned & fits under the rear seat nicely.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I definitely would prefer accordion-style verses roll-up for the convenience factor, but I don't know if it's $20+ more convenient. Hm. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll continue to stew it over.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely would prefer accordion-style verses roll-up for the convenience factor, but I don't know if it's $20+ more convenient. Hm. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll continue to stew it over.
One thing to keep in mind. With the roll-up one, it wants to curl when you put it up in your dash - I have always struggled to get it to stay flat to the windshield. The accordion style doesn't have that problem.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind. With the roll-up one, it wants to curl when you put it up in your dash - I have always struggled to get it to stay flat to the windshield. The accordion style doesn't have that problem.
The Heat Shield fits very snug in the corners, so that hasn't been a problem. It will almost stay flat against the windshield without using the visors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online