5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good sun visor?

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Well it’s hotter than hell now. My ride needs a sun visor. Does anyone have one that they really like? What brand? Thanks.

xcarolina

Reaction score
Well it’s hotter than hell now. My ride needs a sun visor. Does anyone have one that they really like? What brand? Thanks.
I've been using these for years. Completely custom, perfect fit and customized for what options your windshield sensor system has. Unbelievable difference.

20200515_151733.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Florida RAM

Reaction score
I just went with a two-piece cloth and wire type that folds up in a circle. I wanted something that is compact when stored and those bulky fold up ones were just too big. $19 at Autozone. They fit in that little pocket next to the driver's right knee on the center console.

Florida RAM

Reaction score
Under the rear seat. It's not big at all when it's rolled up. Those hoop type window shades don't work half as good as the customs fit foil-type shades.
True, but the best sunshade is the one I'll actually use. In the past I've had the big fold up foil ones and I almost never used them because they were stored somewhere in the back.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's not as easy as snagging a shade from the seat back pockets. I just leave it on the floor in the back if I'm going to use more often. I got in the habit of using them all of the time when I lived in Arizona. They aren't really necessary in Idaho, but old habits are hard to break.

R.Duff

Reaction score
Use the weather tech custom fit one for our truck. Rolls up into a cover and fits under the rear seats easily. Makes a huge difference.

Just got to pick what sensor your truck has for the rear view mirror cut out.

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
Stupid question. For the sensor size for the rear view mirror, is that measured left to right or top to bottom?

Looking at ordering one as well and just want to make sure I get the right one.

sd2134

Reaction score
Stupid question. For the sensor size for the rear view mirror, is that measured left to right or top to bottom?

Looking at ordering one as well and just want to make sure I get the right one.
Some of the custom fit shade brands like the Cover Craft will ask which mirror you have when using the vehicle selector.

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
Oh right. I was asking how to tell which mirror/sensor I have. Some list a 5in amd 10in, but is that measured left to right or top to bottom?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh right. I was asking how to tell which mirror/sensor I have. Some list a 5in amd 10in, but is that measured left to right or top to bottom?

I’m second guessing now, but I just took a tape measure to mine before ordering the Covercraft & left to right was 10” with the large sensor tech package. I guess I can confirm for you when it arrives in a couple days but I’m pretty sure it’s left to right. I’d suggest to simply measure both directions & see if the up & down is either 5” or 10” & that would probably rule it out for you. I don’t think it’s a perfect square, more rectangular.

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. I saw the recommendation from sd2134 for the Covercraft & it looked much better & more durable than any other ones I’ve seen with digital temp readings to back up the quality. Seems well worth the extra money to me, although I’m also a commercial flat roof inspector in the Midwest for a manufacturer who used to be said roofer so I’m a little more picky now than I used to be. The Ram truck itself spoiled my a**. Can’t wait to receive mine.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

It's left to right. The mirror without the tech is really skinny.

Users who are viewing this thread