5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golf cart in bed?

simpson

Reaction score
So I received a phone call that I won a brand new golf cart in a local raffle. I have a '21 with ram box, 5'7" bed and regular tailgate. I have seen golf carts in the bed of pickup trucks before, but haven't paid much attention. So any of you know if a golf cart will fit in my truck? I haven't seen the cart yet so no idea on specific measurements and weight, but just trying to get an idea.
If it fits - I assume it will be pretty tight and the tailgate will not close. Any problems if the cart sits on the tailgate in the open position or will this much weight cause some issues. If it fits - any recommendations for ramps?
Excited to check out this new golf cart, but hoping I don't have to buy a trailer to transport it!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What model cart? you've got 50 inches of width to play with and if you have rails, you can probably slide the tie downs all the way forward. A lot of "standard" 4 wheelers will fit in between RamBoxes, but Golf Carts can be a different story. You could always buy one of those folding trailers and put plywood down for the floor.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seems renting a u-haul trailer would be the best option....
Would work for getting it home, but impractical for transporting to and from the golf course on a regular basis. The OP didn't say how often he intends to transport it.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He probably lives close or on the course...maybe a one time haul?

simpson

Reaction score
Not sure how much I'll transport it. Need to move it about 20 miles the first time, then not sure after that. I could see it being moved occasionally for a camping trip or something.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Not sure how much I'll transport it. Need to move it about 20 miles the first time, then not sure after that. I could see it being moved occasionally for a camping trip or something.
If you don't have plans to transport the golf cart regularly, I would rent a trailer to transport it home. You can always work out another solution when you decide what your long term plans are.

Edit: I just thought that I should add that I had a couple of golf buddies that did haul their carts in the bed of their trucks and loaded them with ramps. More than once they caused minor dents and scratches to the inside of the truck bed while loading.

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep rent a trailer to get it home then go from there. I would hate to have to constantly have to load it in the back of a bed.. they way I see it if you plan on keeping it… you won it for free at least you can do is get a trailer for it shouldn’t cost all that much and would be way less riskier then damaging something during the loading and reloading in the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Camping trip or something? I take it you don't even golf then. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread