5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going up to 33s, replace spare?

Vilas15

Reaction score
Im planning on going up to 275/60/20 tires (33s). Do I need to replace the spare? Im thinking I could put it on the front as long as I dont use 4wd. And swap a front to the rear and put the spare on the front if i get a blowout in the rear. This would be temporary obviously to get a new full size tire as soon as I could.

At the very least Im thinking this could be the plan until I find a new 33 on craigslist etc for cheap that fits an 18" wheel. Hate to buy a brand new spare that wouldn't be rotated in since its on a junk wheel.

mophead

Reaction score
I don't know but how bad can it be? Seems to me anti-lock wouldn't be synched and traction control. Is the difference in revolutions enough to hurt anti-spin physically? I'd turn the traction control off if I felt some over compensation and drive it home and get the tire replaced. Would I be breaking something? Old school so I'm expecting to be surprised by something???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could always buy a matching wheel to use as was your spares then you can rotate it in

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Traction control should be fine, it doesn't brake you in a normal turn. Anti slip would be cause for concern, so switching front to back would be a good solution.

Users who are viewing this thread