5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going from app 20.10 to 20.16 and higher

ktl5005

Reaction score
My current application version on my 2019 Limited is 20.10. I know we are in the 40s now. I found on here the threads with all the updated software to download and install. Just so I do not brick my radio, is it safe to go from 20.10 to 20.16 and the higher?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My current application version on my 2019 Limited is 20.10. I know we are in the 40s now. I found on here the threads with all the updated software to download and install. Just so I do not brick my radio, is it safe to go from 20.10 to 20.16 and the higher?
20.10 is the software version and not the application version. Look at the picture below, and check the application version, it says 34.2.
That is what you want to update.

Application.jpg

ktl5005

Reaction score
Again, what is your APPLICATION VERSION?

4586419242e1a8de8f428304a86bd3ad.jpg

SBX 20.10 as I said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Can we get some updates on how to fix this? I'm on the same version as shown in the screenshot above. How do I update my system to the latest version

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
4586419242e1a8de8f428304a86bd3ad.jpg

SBX 20.10 as I said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would definitely need to go to up in order. Once you get to 34.2, I think you can skip straight to 40.1. I'd give maybe a day between to make sure everything is working right

ballchinion

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with the same application version. Checked for software at https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html countless times for sometime now and it says my software is up-to-date. which I know is BS. I tried ordering map updates yesterday (again) and spent a good 20 minutes on the phone giving them all the details about my system before telling me that I have to wait for uconnect to update the software first. Have never had luck getting map updates on this POS since I bought it back in 2019. I just love it when my backup camera randomly goes out in the middle of backing in a tight parking spot in a parking garage or when the air conditioner randomly shuts off 2 minutes after starting the truck in 100 degree weather. The dealer where I get my service says they don't see any problems so I would love to know if it's related to the buggy application version.

IMG_5092.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with the same application version. Checked for software at https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html countless times for sometime now and it says my software is up-to-date. which I know is BS. I tried ordering map updates yesterday (again) and spent a good 20 minutes on the phone giving them all the details about my system before telling me that I have to wait for uconnect to update the software first. Have never had luck getting map updates on this POS since I bought it back in 2019. I just love it when my backup camera randomly goes out in the middle of backing in a tight parking spot in a parking garage or when the air conditioner randomly shuts off 2 minutes after starting the truck in 100 degree weather. The dealer where I get my service says they don't see any problems so I would love to know if it's related to the buggy application version.

View attachment 164890
I gave up on the Uconnect website because it always said there was no update available. I had 34.2 from factory. Upgraded to 39.7 which allowed the off-road and performance pages to work, and also my Sirius weather radar page actually started working and showing the actual weather. Since then have upgraded to 40.1 and lost off-road/performance pages, but they never really worked anyways.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
How does one check to see if it's up to date?

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Check to see what your current application version is, compared to the current 40.1 update
Everyone is talking about the application versions but how do you update the software version?

Users who are viewing this thread