5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going 275/60r20 w/ Level. Which one of these would you do?

quadzilla200

Reaction score
I've decided to dump my Dueler H/Ls and get something more aggressive. After spending way too much time researching I can't make my mind up completely.
One thing I'm fairly certain on is that I'm one of the drivers that pays closer attention to MPGs and ride quality, so that is taking me out of the E rated tires. as it seems that is a noticeable difference from the reviews I've seen.
In terms of leveling kits it is still very confusing to me why there is different options within the companies. I feel like I have to go with the top hat and UCAs from Readylift for safety, but why are they offering the preload spacer as a separate option like RC and the others. I don't plan on going higher than the leveling kit because of the the tires staying smaller, but dang $400 more installed is so steep. I'm also confused why the RC 3.5 kit that has the rear and shocks essentially the same price as the RL leveling kit.
1) On the leveling kit I definitely don't want to sacrifice my ride. Has anyone done the preloads that feel like it is noticeably rougher, and if you did the RL UCA option with the top hat, what has your feedback been?
2) Cannot decide between Ridge Grapplers, KO2, Open Country, Wrangler Trail Runner or Wild Peak. Definite differences in prices and I'm not sure why. I want the best mpg with little road noise. I do have the radio on a lot so I don't think that will be a problem and still have it look cool. Sams always has sales, but I haven't seen Nitto,Toyo or Falken on sale. Do they ever go on sale?
Thanks for your opnions in advance.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I vote for the KO2s. Had two sets of them in the past and they did not disappoint. Good on and off road tire.

MF2020

Reaction score
I have 275/60R20XL Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20x9 Fuel Vapor Wheels. Ride is smooth with little road noise. Look awesome with no lift kit required on my 2020 Limited.

adboyd06

Reaction score
I have had the Open County ATII and I'm currently running Ridge Grapplers. The ATII were a good tire with a small amount of road noise. RG look better with even less road noise and they cost less than the ATIIs.

Users who are viewing this thread