5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glow plug error codes question

Synergy26

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 ecodiesel and am getting codes P06BB (Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit Performance) and P0673 (Cylinder 3 glow plug circuit open) which are for glow plug #3. The warm up squiggle come on then takes a few seconds to start. I have tried resetting the codes but the come back. When it first happened I high voltage code showed P0563 once and hasn't come back. In the past have gotten p026c but doesn't even trip the engine light. The dealer recently updated the PCM to help with remote starts and now this, I never saw the warm up squiggle line before the update but it would have trouble remote starting before the update where it wouldn't even try to start, now it will remote start and second later turn off. What should I start with checking? Could it be a simple replacement of the #3 glow plug? TIA for the help. The truck runs fine otherwise

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd take it back to the dealer and let them figure it out. I'm not sure I've ever seen the glow plug symbol on mine

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Synergy26

Reaction score
The problem is I don't trust them. They tried to say I needed to do a $900 fuel injection cleaner for the remote start not working, lol.

Last edited:

Synergy26

Reaction score
Just to follow up I replaced glow plug #3 and the truck starts right up without any lights. The truck runs stronger and doesn't lag from a stop any longer, feels like a new truck

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to follow up I replaced glow plug #3 and the truck starts right up without any lights. The truck runs stronger and doesn't lag from a stop any longer, feels like a new truck
Do you have any idea what caused it to fail?

brandomc

Reaction score

I am having a tough time finding a part number for a replacement glow plug for gen 3 ecodiesel. Can you please share...

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Potentially very dumb question incoming. The connectors on the end of the wires that attach to each glow plug, do they just pull straight up and off? Or is there some sort of clip in them?

Users who are viewing this thread