5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glovebox

Reaction score
For the upper glove compartment, is the light supposed to stay on? I noticed it does even when closed. I don’t want it too drain the battery

drew7811

Reaction score
There is "accent" lighting above the upper glovebox door that is controlled by the interior light switch. That switch also controls the door, dash, and floor lighting as well I believe. I think you can make them all super dim, but i'm not sure if you can turn it all the way off. They are led's though so it's not like they are draining much of anything anyway.

Reaction score
There is "accent" lighting above the upper glovebox door that is controlled by the interior light switch. That switch also controls the door, dash, and floor lighting as well I believe. I think you can make them all super dim, but i'm not sure if you can turn it all the way off. They are led's though so it's not like they are draining much of anything anyway.
I know about that one, I’m speaking of the one inside of that upper glovebox. There’s a gap and I can see the light shining through

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I know about that one, I’m speaking of the one inside of that upper glovebox. There’s a gap and I can see the light shining through
Check out the illustrations. It appears the courtesy lights also light that glove box. Aren't they on a time delay?

Attachments

• 08 - Electrical_8L - Lamps and Lighting_Lamps_Lighting - Interior_LAMP, Courtesy_Removal and I...pdf
    230.5 KB · Views: 9

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the upper glove compartment, is the light supposed to stay on? I noticed it does even when closed. I don’t want it too drain the battery
I had that issue on my 2019. The door wasn’t closing all the way, it was staying open maybe 1/8th inch causing the light to stay on. Dealer adjusted the door so it closed all the way, problem solved.

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread