5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gloss Black replacement center caps?

JeepNickInPA

Reaction score
I have a set of 22'' Laramie Night Wheels. I am having them refinished gloss black. OE centers are chrome. Looking to replace them with gloss black. Any idea where to locate a set? I would be content with blank centers also. Thanks!

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i got mine on amazon... i used the duct tape trick, litterly took me 10min to replace all 4 chrome caps w black ones

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if these would be the type you’re looking for, but I got these off of Hubcap Heaven. They will be going on my new dark gray rims coming next week. Also got the black lug nuts to go with them.

76961A90-C64A-4C2B-B12D-FCCFAAE01946.png

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ya fold duct it in the middle to make a two or three inch pull handle (something to grab onto) then ya stick it on the center cap (8inch piece of duct tape) and pull the center caps come out just take your time new ones pop right back in w the palm of ur hand

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here ya go, plenty of youtube vids also...keep
me posted, you can do it with out taking the tire off trust me..give it a good nudge after letting the tape sit on for a few minutes and press the sides down good on each side of the self made handle so theres good contact on the cap..you got this...

Attachments

• 1FEB03B5-97D7-4545-AFE5-1ED29469B933.png
    1FEB03B5-97D7-4545-AFE5-1ED29469B933.png
    427.7 KB · Views: 27

jafoesq

Reaction score
here ya go, plenty of youtube vids also...keep
me posted, you can do it with out taking the tire off trust me..give it a good nudge after letting the tape sit on for a few minutes and press the sides down good on each side of the self made handle so theres good contact on the cap..you got this...
Found this video on YouTube. Looks easy. Really appreciate the info.

Grouper

Reaction score
Why can't the place refinishing the wheels also do the center caps?
Because in all likelihood, the wheels are being powder coated, which requires baking the wheels in an oven. The center caps are plastic and can't be powder coated because of the heat involved in the process.

As indicated above, there are factory satin black center caps available or the existing caps can be sanded and painted.

Users who are viewing this thread