5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad i bought my Ram last April

BigD

Reaction score
I'm sure thankful I bought my truck last April. Inventories are so low right now with covid-19 still an issue prices are really high. Can't touch a Bighorn level 2 for under $44k. I paid $40k for mine with LED lights & night edition ! Usually this time of year are the best deals. Not this year.

Bigtone

Reaction score
Not sure I understand. I am in the process of buying a 2021 Limited, of which there are a decent number of on dealer lots right now. Employee pricing right now equals $8k to $10k off sticker.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was at Salerno JDR dealership in Summit NJ at end of Nov., I did not see any Rams but plenty of Jeeps.

Blahargoue

Reaction score
Just looked at a couple of Hemi Big Horn's with tow package yesterday when I took my Laramie in for a warranty issue (again - can't fuel it up). 3 to choose from in inventory, all 4X4 crew cabs for $38, 700. End of the year promo pricing for 2020's.

They had a similar deal going last Sept. When I bought my Laramie. But nooooooo, my wife insisted on leather and an 8 way power seat on the passenger side... I only wish I would have bought one that you can put gasoline in without the pump shutting off every 6 seconds.

BobK

Reaction score
Wow, Had that problem with a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica we turned in 2 months ago. Pain in the *** putting gas in. worked about 20% of gas pumps. Same issue, cut off every few seconds unless you held it at 20% pressure taking 5x as long to fill up. It was my wife's and she made me fill it most of the time for her. Had it 4 times in to check and they could not find the problem. Was a nightmare the whole time we owned it, horrible experience so that she would not get another one.
They blamed it on the pumps! if you can believe that saying some pumps are not following the rules making the pumps the way they are required to, small part on the end of the spring on the pump that is required does not exist on all pump nozzels. Idiots, blaming the pumps and not the vehicle!
Anyway, my dealers also very low stock on everything. Had a 2021 Bighorn Night Edition listed on their website, when they called me that the delivery truck pulled in and it was finally being unloaded, told them to hold it I would be there the next morning. Very low inventory around here too. All car inventory for 2020's and 2021's are very low inventory here in NY or at least where in Oct/Nov. Not just RAM, but everything we were looking at to replace wife's and mine. All blamed on covid and plants shutting down.

Blahargoue

Reaction score
Wow, Had that problem with a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica we turned in 2 months ago. Pain in the *** putting gas in. worked about 20% of gas pumps. Same issue, cut off every few seconds unless you held it at 20% pressure taking 5x as long to fill up. It was my wife's and she made me fill it most of the time for her. Had it 4 times in to check and they could not find the problem. Was a nightmare the whole time we owned it, horrible experience so that she would not get another one.
They blamed it on the pumps! if you can believe that saying some pumps are not following the rules making the pumps the way they are required to, small part on the end of the spring on the pump that is required does not exist on all pump nozzels. Idiots, blaming the pumps and not the vehicle!
Anyway, my dealers also very low stock on everything. Had a 2021 Bighorn Night Edition listed on their website, when they called me that the delivery truck pulled in and it was finally being unloaded, told them to hold it I would be there the next morning. Very low inventory around here too. All car inventory for 2020's and 2021's are very low inventory here in NY or at least where in Oct/Nov. Not just RAM, but everything we were looking at to replace wife's and mine. All blamed on covid and plants shutting down.
They were installing a new fuel tank in a Pacifica when I dropped my truck off. Said they had already done the filler neck on it and it didn't fix it.

Blahargoue

Reaction score
I'm sure thankful I bought my truck last April. Inventories are so low right now with covid-19 still an issue prices are really high. Can't touch a Bighorn level 2 for under $44k. I paid $40k for mine with LED lights & night edition ! Usually this time of year are the best deals. Not this year.

Here is one of the Big Horn's I glanced at yesterday. I'm sure they won't be around long.

They had a few 2500 HD Laramie Cummins 4x4 that really caught my eye priced between $61 - $63k. I almost bought one in September when I bought my 1500 but they wanted over $70k for them back then. Oh well, hind site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201219-120359_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20201219-120359_Google.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 44

Rexx

Reaction score
Not sure I understand. I am in the process of buying a 2021 Limited, of which there are a decent number of on dealer lots right now. Employee pricing right now equals $8k to $10k off sticker.

The sticker cost of the trucks have gone up. I bought my truck back in February before covid hit and it was 90k msrp (Canadian). I can go build my exact truck for a 2020 on Rams Canadian website and the sticker is about 2300$ more than it was back in February. It doesn’t include any of the new features of 2021 as I purposely selected 2020. If I build a 2021 and add the new stuff it’s even more.

Venom700

Reaction score
What was your % off MSRP before tax/tags?

Awood05

Reaction score
I got $8K off MSRP on my 2021 Limited in November. LOVE this truck!

Venom700

Reaction score
Post your invoice!!
I don’t need to. It’s the deal anyone can get on a truck on the lot/dealer trade with Mark Dodge. Their in-stock trucks are clearly listed for this pricing (add the pop up $1,500 and anything else you qualify for that’s not listed). They are the only dealer showing clear pricing.

BowDown

Reaction score
I got my 20’ Limited for $45,xxx.last March during “Truck Month” here in TX. Love my Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had a deal worked out in March during truck month for 48 on a Limited, decided to gamble with Covid and lost. Bought my Limited in July when a dealer offered 54,7 OTD

BowDown

Reaction score

Prices were 20-24% off sticker Jan through March this year, they haven't been close to that price since short of a few deals here and there

BowDown

Reaction score

My wifes Jag XF has that problem, stragley, if I take the car to QuickTrip or Costco pumps, no issues

BobK

Reaction score
Yea, it was this pump but not that pump. Was a nightmare, so glad that vehicle is gone!

Just got my 2021 1500 Big Horn Crew w/L2 Package about 4 weeks ago, sticker was about 53k and i got it for 50k. This is from a dealer I have used for almost 20 years and bought probably 15 vehicles from during that time. That was with all possible discounts, best they would do. That was grabbing it within 24 hours of it rolling off the delivery truck before someone else did. They told me they had other interested and it wasn't a sales pitch. My normal sales guy retired this year, i had to give this new guy the "Please pull up my account in your computer and look at my history with your company...Your holding this truck for ME!" So its a sellers market right now.

Bigtone

Reaction score
Prices were 20-24% off sticker Jan through March this year, they haven't been close to that price since short of a few deals here and there
They may have been back then. But the original post mentioned no good deals right now, The employee pricing and cash bonuses equal over 18% on this limited I'm buying..

Users who are viewing this thread