5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting my EDU on

Gadgetech

Reaction score
Just glancing around this seems like a great forum so I decided to join up. I'm anywhere from 6-12 months out from getting another vehicle but I like to research as much as I can before buying. I'm coming from a 2020 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody. Fun car but I should've known better and stuck with a truck b/c that's just what I like. My last truck was a 2018 Nissan Titan P4X which kind of spoiled me from a feature perspective as it had everything I wanted (minus a sunroof), heated/cooled seats, tow mirrors, surround view cameras and more but what I'm finding is other manufacturers don't seem to allow buyers to up-spec their "off-road" focused trucks that way. For example, I want cooled seats (which I know FCA only offers vented seats) and surround view cameras, neither of which can be had in a Rebel. From my current research, only the Sierra AT4 can be spec'd that way but I'm not really sold on a GM product. If I'm incorrect, please let me know! If not, I think I'll buy a higher trim and make it more off-road worthy.

I haven't ruled out a Power Wagon either...:)

I'm mainly interested in Longhorn or Limited trucks that people are lifting and maybe putting off-road bumpers on, not that I plan to hardcore off-road the truck but I do like to take trips into the mountains and we have some decently trails in N-Ga.

Here's the curren whip:

49867836842_fcf86e7dbc_b.jpg

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was my choice as well, and I spent a year or so going back and forth. In the end I decided I could live without the camera and vented seats for the looks of the Rebel. I went back and forth between a Laramie and upgrading to the level of a Rebel or a Rebel and trying to add at least vented seats. When I park next to my co-worker's Laramie and look at the differences I don't regret my choice one bit.

One thing a lot of people complain about on here is AC performance. Invest in some good ceramic tint, and you'll never complain about AC issues. Went from taking a while to cool the cabin down and never feeling like it could keep up if the sun was shining on me to having to turn the Auto temp up because I was getting too cold.

Gadgetech

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback @LaxDfns15 ! Man, it is such a struggle too b/c I think the Rebel really has the look. Interesting comment on the AC performance because we went from being a Nissan household to MOPAR in a matter of a couple months. The AC on my Chally is great, almost as good as the Nissan's were (Titan and Rogue) but my wife bought a Jeep Limited X and I think this is the first vehicle we've ever turned the air all the way to its lowest setting and still not really feel like it's cooling like it should. It has definitely gotten better since we added tint to her X. Both of our cars have Prime XR (XPEL ceramic window tint).

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback @LaxDfns15 ! Man, it is such a struggle too b/c I think the Rebel really has the look. Interesting comment on the AC performance because we went from being a Nissan household to MOPAR in a matter of a couple months. The AC on my Chally is great, almost as good as the Nissan's were (Titan and Rogue) but my wife bought a Jeep Limited X and I think this is the first vehicle we've ever turned the air all the way to its lowest setting and still not really feel like it's cooling like it should. It has definitely gotten better since we added tint to her X. Both of our cars have Prime XR (XPEL ceramic window tint).
My AC has always been kind of middle ground in terms of temps. High 40's on lowest setting while driving. Some see sub 40, some see above 50. I understand this is a big cab with a lot of window area, and my interior is black so I just shrugged it off. Just got my front windows, pano roof, and windshield done with an average of about 50% "heat reduction" LLumar tint, and the difference is night and day. I'm still looking into the vented seats because I can see room for the option on the control screen, and it appears that my seats already have real perforations in them. It's just a matter of dropping $200 for an OEM kit and really diving into it. If I could have vented seats in my Rebel I'd be 100% happy with the cooling capabilities of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread