5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting bored with the Ram

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to keep it for a while longer but..... It's just a truck..... transportation..... and stuff carrier for me now. It's kind of why I haven't been spending a mess of time on here. There's nothing wrong with it and I clean it up nearly daily, still. Unfortunately, being retired, I don't throw away money on stuff (trucks) like I once did. Otherwise, I'd have a hybrid F150 on order. I also just picked up a virtually new 2011 Mustang GT500 (bone stock, 2700 miles) and that is keeping me occupied. It won't stay bone stock. :)

Anyway, being somewhat bored with the truck, I won't be posting up as much as I did the first couple of years. I'm not doing anything to the Ram beyond regular maintenance and keeping it looking good.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to keep it for a while longer but..... It's just a truck..... transportation..... and stuff carrier for me now. It's kind of why I haven't been spending a mess of time on here. There's nothing wrong with it and I clean it up nearly daily, still. Unfortunately, being retired, I don't throw away money on stuff (trucks) like I once did. Otherwise, I'd have a hybrid F150 on order. I also just picked up a virtually new 2011 Mustang GT500 (bone stock, 2700 miles) and that is keeping me occupied. It won't stay bone stock. :)

Anyway, being somewhat bored with the truck, I won't be posting up as much as I did the first couple of years. I'm not doing anything to the Ram beyond regular maintenance and keeping it looking good.
Far less expensive than becoming bored with a wife.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 043480 miles.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We all get that way, I usually can't keep my daily longer than 2-3 years because I get bored so easily and new stuff comes up. Luckily big trucks have such great resale, so it won't be to pricey when you decide to switch.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
We all get that way, I usually can't keep my daily longer than 2-3 years because I get bored so easily and new stuff comes up. Luckily big trucks have such great resale, so it won't be to pricey when you decide to switch.

This is why I go through so many vehicles. I'm 57, and in my lifetime I've owned almost 50 vehicles. Most of them were junkers, and I always owned more than one at a time so I still had something to drive when one broke down. I've only been buying expensive new ones for about the last 10 years. Been thinking about switching to leasing instead of buying. Maybe when I decide to upgrade next time, but for now I'm nowhere near being bored with this truck.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I get bored too but not with this truck. After 5 Jeep GC this has been my dream Truck. Maybe try some lite Mods? It might help you appreciate it more.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

This sounds like a good thing...I mean, if you’re constantly thinking about your truck, it’s just as likely you’re dealing with warranty issues and maintenance/repairs as you are enjoying it. If you’re “bored”, it suggests the truck is doing the job as expected.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
So totally relate; now that mine is almost built up to where I want it, I am starting to get bored too already. After 70+ vehicles, I am convinced it's a mental disorder. 🤪

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This sounds like a good thing...I mean, if you’re constantly thinking about your truck, it’s just as likely you’re dealing with warranty issues and maintenance/repairs as you are enjoying it. If you’re “bored”, it suggests the truck is doing the job as expected.
That is a correct assumption. If it was bugging the daylights out of me with issues, it would be broomed already. It has been a good truck. I am going to buy a Chrysler extended warranty just to be safe. I've just hit 30,000 miles in 2.5 years. I'll do my best to get to a 2023 model. There's no indication that it shouldn't happen because it's been great truck with all the "stuff". I'll see how well I can keep my patience and not get antsy for something new. Never had that issue with the wifey. Been married 46 years.

Users who are viewing this thread