5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a wire though the fire wall

NoopNoop

Reaction score
What is the best way to get a wire from the up fitter plug back into the cab? My goal is to power a UHF radio with one of the aux switches. Truck is 2019 3500

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is the best way to get a wire from the up fitter plug back into the cab? My goal is to power a UHF radio with one of the aux switches. Truck is 2019 3500
Most people use the clutch block off plate. But in your situation (if you have factory aux switches), you don’t need to pass a wire into the cab. There is a gray connector under the steering column specifically for using aux outputs inside the cab. You would use the connector with the two big loops in your accessory bag. https://www.ramtrucks.com/BodyBuild...jGgHzAHGUTU0WB3rWuqSY7YmQ2vEhuBWBHJd9E9IrKxg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, in the example below, you run a jumper wire from #4 aux 2 connector at the aux PDC to whatever port of the switch you want to use. Switch 1 is being used in my example with the purple crayon-
TXfQQe1.jpg

Then, you plug that connector with the two loops of wire into the connector under the dash, and the purple/yellow wire on that connector will be the aux switch output for in the cab.

NoopNoop

Reaction score
So, in the example below, you run a jumper wire from #4 aux 2 connector at the aux PDC to whatever port of the switch you want to use. Switch 1 is being used in my example with the purple crayon-
TXfQQe1.jpg

Then, you plug that connector with the two loops of wire into the connector under the dash, and the purple/yellow wire on that connector will be the aux switch output for in the cab.
awesome. thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread