5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a Muffler Delete

HoodieNate

Reaction score
Going to get the muffler cut out this weekend. Does it still sound good with the resonators on? I don’t want anything crazy, just a basic mid muffler delete. And is there any droning? Please let me know your experiences with a mid muffler delete

Raydar

Reaction score
Thanks for this info. Have been thinking about doing this, too.
A little bit hesitant, but getting over it.

rceagle1a

Reaction score
With these muffler delete’s, are there any chances of a dealer raising warranty complaints and refusing repairs because of this? Or possibly big Brother FCA getting involved ?

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
I think I would have the muffler modified when it’s removed right away so that I could put it back on if I chose to go back stealth mode.
The front side of the muffler unbolts, and you only make one cut after the muffler. So you could put it back on pretty easy with a total seal stainless band clamp i would think.
Bill

Hawaii's Finest

Reaction score
The front side of the muffler unbolts, and you only make one cut after the muffler. So you could put it back on pretty easy with a total seal stainless band clamp i would think.
Bill
[/QUOTE

The main reason I purchased the bolt on mufflers from B2 fab was how easily it would be to reinstall the factory mid muffler if I experience any service related issues. Some dealers are difficult to deal with.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
I just did this. It’s a tad too loud for my wife and kids. Plus there is some drone and the sound with mds is horrible. I love the idle though. You will want to plug the resonator weep holes or you will get a nasty exhaust leak sound. I still have some after having muffler shop weld the weep holes shut. It’s coming from the clamp on the resonator to tailpipe. I’m goin to high temp silicone it to plug it. My quick idle video. It’s much louder in person. (Yes I know my tips are messed up. Muffler shop is fixing those when they weld up my Flowmaster flowfx for free because of that mess up)

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Okay, I did the muffler delete as well. Not really 100% positive of what people mean by this "droning" sound with the radio frequency to compensate something something something...
So here is what I have found with mine with the muffler delete: At certain speeds & rpms there would be an annoying low tone which seems somewhat ear piercing to me. After getting under the truck and looking with it idling it seemed as if some of the low engine tone was coming off the pipe or off of the side of the pipe. Kind of like being pulled up beside someone with the bass turned up on their car stereo. Sooooo, what I found to help tremendously was- I wrapped the exhaust with header wrap from where the header bolts on to the pipe(up by the transfer case) all the way back to the section where it splits off to the "Y" portion of the pipe.
Took it for a drive an I'm very happy with the outcome. That annoying low tone, droning sound is all but gone!
What it is I used is a fiberglass header pipe wrap.
Good luck

EXQQQME

Reaction score
With these muffler delete’s, are there any chances of a dealer raising warranty complaints and refusing repairs because of this? Or possibly big Brother FCA getting involved ?
I asked the shop manager at my dodge dealership and he said it will not void the warranty. Not a problem

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I double checked with shop manager as well, he said no issues with warranty. Just avoid messing with the cat, such as welding directly to it, it must stay a bolt on in case they need to replace it under warranty.

Hemiguy226

Reaction score
Buy the bolt on straight pipe from B2 Fab. Easy install. Sounds nice no drone in my cabin.
Really no drone or maybe ur like me a little deaf lol idk really on these haven’t decided but in the past he is always straight pipe sounds the best imo

Users who are viewing this thread