5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

U

User_3336

Well, you STOPPED at the first screen, and you didn't apply the promo code, I went back and did the quote as well, and I got $2430. Did you look at the screen shot I posted ? ? ?

Wish I could say I was. Tried it again, this time with the link you shared. Same quote. Guess I’ll give them a call.

View attachment 149327

CM212FLG

Reaction score
Well, you STOPPED at the first screen, and you didn't apply the promo code, I went back and did the quote as well, and I got $2430. Did you look at the screen shot I posted ? ? ?

I didn’t stop there and I did look at the screenshot you posted. I appreciate your help. Next screen still showed the $3,730 price (and not crossed out like your picture with a lower price) and nowhere to put a promo code. I tried it again with another web browser and still got the same price. I did pull up your quote number and I can see that lower price. Only difference is yours is a quote for Tennessee and mine is for Florida. I received a quote from Granger that is more in-line with what you're finding ($2400). I’ll give Ziegler a call and see what's going on. Thanks again for the help.

U

User_3336

I didn’t stop there and I did look at the screenshot you posted. I appreciate your help. Next screen still showed the $3,730 price (and not crossed out like your picture with a lower price) and nowhere to put a promo code. I tried it again with another web browser and still got the same price. I did pull up your quote number and I can see that lower price. Only difference is yours is a quote for Tennessee and mine is for Florida. I received a quote from Granger that is more in-line with what you're finding ($2400). I’ll give Ziegler a call and see what's going on. Thanks again for the help.

Oh Yeah, Florida has stipulations on extended warranties. They aren't discounted.
If Granger quoted you $2400, I'd be a little leary of that, make sure you stated you are in FLA.

Ask Granger to see their 2-53 License from the State of FLA.

Florida residents can only purchase Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans at Mopar retail prices from dealers licensed to sell in the State of Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morenar

Reaction score
Went through the Ziegler quoting process and if you have an aftermarket lift kit it will not allow to get coverage by them. Shouldn't they cover everything else except the suspension parts if you have a lift kit?
Are there any other Mopar warranty company that I could get a quote from that will not have an issue with a lift?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Went through the Ziegler quoting process and if you have an aftermarket lift kit it will not allow to get coverage by them. Shouldn't they cover everything else except the suspension parts if you have a lift kit?
Are there any other Mopar warranty company that I could get a quote from that will not have an issue with a lift?

Or just quote it without the lift knowing full well in the future, they won't cover anything associated with your suspension.

Rablwo

Reaction score
A great thread. I thank all that have participated. My situation was a little different but applies to this topic.

When I purchased my 2019 Longhorn, my Geico insurance agent sold me on Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. It was incredibly cheap for what it offered. My cost was 8 dollars a month. I could keep it for 125,000 miles or so. I used it once. My truck would not accept fuel anymore. The dealer said the emissions system was clogged and needed to be replaced. The bill was right at 1000 bucks with parts and labor. I paid my 250 deductible and that was it. I asked my service rep what it was like to deal with the insurance. He said they were easy to work with and did not pressure them to do less work than needed. Overall, a good product that is well worth the money.

The rub. I had my Geico Automobile Policies bundled with my Homeowners policy. Much to my surprise, my homeowner’s policy premium went up by more than 50% this year! I had to shop around to find something more affordable. State Farm to the rescue. I am in the Houston area and saved $4,306 per year by bundling my policies with them.

The bad news is I lost my breakdown insurance.

My 2019 Longhorn has 46,000 miles on it. I called Zeigler and Chrysler Warranty Direct. Both representatives were good guys. Neither of them pushy. In my case CWD was by far less expensive than Zeigler. I paid a total of $3,165 for a five year / 75,000 mile extension for the Maximum Care Plan. I am now covered near bumper to bumper till 1/30/2028 or 121,237 miles.

Jason Edmonson with CWD did a great job in explaining everything to me. Including some of the gotchas in the policy that I was not aware of. Like, If the cost of a repair is more than the fair market value of the car, they will give you a check for the fair market value and cancel the policy. Or, the fact that the total they will pay in claims will never be more than the original price paid for the vehicle. Or, that the e-torque system is not covered under Maximum Care plan but is covered by the factory for 8 years / 80,000 miles. I really appreciate his desire to be sure all my questions were answered and I was comfortable with the purchase.

In conclusion, the Geico Breakdown Insurance is a great thing and sounds too good to be true. Geico just gets their money other ways. You may not spend an arm and leg on the breakdown insurance. But they will take an arm, leg and first born to keep it in place. If I had it to do over again, and the next time I buy a new car, I will call Jason from the dealers parking lot and save myself thousands.

For what it is worth,

Rab

Last edited:
U

User_3336

CWD being cheaper than Zeigler. That's never happened before. Exactly who did you talk to at Zeigler?

U

User_3336

The rub. I had my Geico Automobile Policies bundled with my Homeowners policy. Much to my surprise, my homeowner’s policy premium went up by more than 50% this year! I had to shop around to find something more affordable. Allstate to the rescue. I am in the Houston area and saved $4,306 per year by bundling my policies with them.

The bad news is I lost my breakdown insurance.

My 2019 Longhorn has 46,000 miles on it. I called Zeigler and Chrysler Warranty Direct. Both representatives were good guys. Neither of them pushy. In my case CWD was by far less expensive than Zeigler. I paid a total of $3,165 for a five year / 75,000 mile extension for the Maximum Care Plan. I am now covered near bumper to bumper till 1/30/2028 or 121,237 miles.
Geico is good for auto insurance, I've had it for 30+ years.

However, Geico does not really run their own home owner's insurance, per se., they are "brokers". Geico doesn't underwrite or service its own homeowners insurance policies; instead, it matches you with one of its home insurance partners. Your price, coverage options and level of service will all depend on which company Geico connects you to. Geico uses TRAVELERS primarily, however they can use Liberty Mutual.
Plus, these companies use Lexis Nexis for insurance underwriting, which basically throws them an "insurance score", and your premium is based on that.

Rablwo

Reaction score
CWD being cheaper than Zeigler. That's never happened before. Exactly who did you talk to at Zeigler?
I spoke with Tim at Zeigler. His quote was 3320 for the 4/60K contract. I purchased the 5/75K for 3165 from CWD. There may be a difference from the norm due to my truck having 46K miles on it. I don't know. But, I gave each gentleman the same opportunity. I received my contract from CWD this morning. It is as I expected. No surprises.

Last edited:

Rablwo

Reaction score
Geico is good for auto insurance, I've had it for 30+ years.

However, Geico does not really run their own home owner's insurance, per se., they are "brokers". Geico doesn't underwrite or service its own homeowners insurance policies; instead, it matches you with one of its home insurance partners. Your price, coverage options and level of service will all depend on which company Geico connects you to. Geico uses TRAVELERS primarily, however they can use Liberty Mutual.
Plus, these companies use Lexis Nexis for insurance underwriting, which basically throws them an "insurance score", and your premium is based on that.
True, Geico had partnered with Sage Insurance for the Homeowner's policy. Sage was the driver of me searching for something better. However, Geico's auto policy was quoted at 2716.56 per 6 months. State Farm policy that has slightly better coverage was 1943.21 per 6 months. A rather substantial savings. I have found that insurance companies treat their customers like a frog in a pot, slowly turning up the heat, hoping the customer doesn't jump out.

I was an emerald customer with Progressive for years. Till I found out I was way over paying for the coverage. That was when I switched to Geico. A few years later, it is Geico that is overcharging compared to State Farm. In a couple years I will likely find that State Farm is charging allot more than their competition. I hate that it works this way. But, that has been my experience. By the way, there are no claims or tickets in my driving history. My credit score is mid 700s. I do carry my 23 and 21 year old sons on the policy w/ 4 vehicles.

If I were you, I would do some comparison shopping to be sure that you are getting your money's worth. I would be very surprised if another major carrier would not beat what you are currently paying to get your business.

U

User_3336

I spoke with Tim at Zeigler. His quote was 3320 for the 4/60K contract. I purchased the 5/75K for 3165 from CWD. There may be a difference from the norm due to my truck having 46K miles on it. I don't know. But, I gave each gentleman the same opportunity. I received my contract from CWD this morning. It is as I expected. No surprises.
There is no TIM that works at Zeigler.

U

User_3336

Ziegler was the cheapest for my new Ram.
Zeigler has been around a while. (at least since 2018), and has always offered rock bottom prices on Mopar ESP's.
I bought my first one on a Dodge Charger way back then!
Bob Cline has always treated forum members good with promo codes.

Users who are viewing this thread