5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get rear level with front, 3.5 RC lift

staffsarge09102

Reaction score
Just got my 2019 1500 Laramie lifted today with a 3.5 RC lift kit along with 34”s. As I stare at it in awe, and I mean stare, the front is slightly higher than the rear. What’s the best fix to get rear level with front? Not trying to create the “Carolina Squat” appearance. Nothing wrong with that, just not for me.

Attachments

• 466FB715-AA1A-442D-85A4-BA6212191453.jpeg
    466FB715-AA1A-442D-85A4-BA6212191453.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 64

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never understood the 1” rear spacer that comes with the RC 3.5” kit …. The Readylift 3.5” kit comes with a 2” rear spacer …. Pulling the 1” and replacing it with a 1.5” or 2” would be an easy fix … Motofab makes both sizes … What are your ground to fender measurements ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramkofsky

Reaction score
I have the same kit but have not installed yet. Still waiting on tires. I am conflicted with either:
1. Motofab 2” rear puck
2. RC 1” rear puck, from the kit, with a 1.5” Icon dual rate spring
3. Clayton 2.5”, possibly 3.5”, triple rate springs
I’m kicking around a few more custom ideas.
So many options!
Doing just the 1” that comes with the kit is not happening. I want to keep some rake. Plus, I have the 6’4” bed and I think the Carolina squat would be more pronounced with just the 1” from the RC kit.
Hopefully more RAM owners will respond on this thread so I can get a better idea before I shove my Laramie through the shop doors.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same kit but have not installed yet. Still waiting on tires. I am conflicted with either:
1. Motofab 2” rear puck
2. RC 1” rear puck, from the kit, with a 1.5” Icon dual rate spring
3. Clayton 2.5”, possibly 3.5”, triple rate springs
I’m kicking around a few more custom ideas.
So many options!
Doing just the 1” that comes with the kit is not happening. I want to keep some rake. Plus, I have the 6’4” bed and I think the Carolina squat would be more pronounced with just the 1” from the RC kit.
Hopefully more RAM owners will respond on this thread so I can get a better idea before I shove my Laramie through the shop doors.

Everybody has a different happy place …. I have CC and 6’4” bed …. Basically the USS Hydro Blue of Rams …. So 1.25-1.5 of rake is where I wanna be

ATVJOE

Reaction score
I actually am doing the RC 3.5 with shocks (rear) and struts (front) and getting the rear 2” from Motofab as I like some rake.

Ramkofsky

Reaction score
I actually am doing the RC 3.5 with shocks (rear) and struts (front) and getting the rear 2” from Motofab as I like some rake.
That’s my first choice. Mostly a price decision.

Choate

Reaction score
What about an ORP rear spring for 1” of height and the 1” spacer. Might cost a little more but might ride better. That’s my plan if I ever pull the trigger on more lift

Ramkofsky

Reaction score
What about an ORP rear spring for 1” of height and the 1” spacer. Might cost a little more but might ride better. That’s my plan if I ever pull the trigger on more lift
Before I read this, I pulled the trigger on a 2” Motofab rear spacer today. I’ll see how that does first.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before I read this, I pulled the trigger on a 2” Motofab rear spacer today. I’ll see how that does first.

You’ll need longer shocks …. I’m doin 2” Motofab in rear as well …. Waitin on Bils, and I got my Hellwig and Core links

Ramkofsky

Reaction score
You’ll need longer shocks …. I’m doin 2” Motofab in rear as well …. Waitin on Bils, and I got my Hellwig and Core links

I have the RC 3.5” kit with lifted struts, UCA, and the rear shocks.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That kit comes with shocks for a 3.5” lift

OK …. That kit has 1” rear spacers, and shocks to go with em …. Will those shocks work with a 2” spacer ?

Ramkofsky

Reaction score
OK …. That kit has 1” rear spacers, and shocks to go with em …. Will those shocks work with a 2” spacer ?

I would think so. Guess I’m gonna find out.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Just a heads up, you don’t need longer shocks. I used a 2” motofab spacer for a year and a half with stock shocks and it rode 100% stock. The off road shop told me the stock shock was long enough so no need to buy different ones and they were right.

397STROKER

Reaction score
I believe the RC shocks are good for 3" of lift over stock according to their website. As for the OR springs for the rear and 1" lift from them I believe the Eibach rear spring that provide 1" lift are cheaper. I have the Bilstein rear springs and I end up with 1.5" of lift. So many options here depending on how you want to lift the rear and how much money you want to spend. If lifting 2" or higher you may want to look at an adjustable track bar or if you can find a bracket like they have in the Mopar 2" lift.

Last edited:

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
i went with a 2 inch rear undermount spacer in the rear instead of the rc one. Can still run Airlift 1000s now too.

Choate

Reaction score
What’s the part to get my hellwig sway bar back to level after a 2” rear lift? I’m getting confused a little. Endlinks? I’m sure my 4x4 shop will know. He’s awesome

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the part to get my hellwig sway bar back to level after a 2” rear lift? I’m getting confused a little. Endlinks? I’m sure my 4x4 shop will know. He’s awesome

Yes, endlinks …. Got mine at Core 4X4 …. They are sized specifically for the amount of rear lift

Users who are viewing this thread