5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General questions on RAM 1500 mods, options etc.

DesertRat

Reaction score
I am considering switching to a RAM 1500 from Ford and have a few questions

1. How well does the Navigation work and are updates free ?I like the build in Nav on my Ford because I dont need to rely on my phone.

2. Does the RAM use a c-clip on the rear axle? My F150 has a click in the rear due to excessive axle play.

3. How easy or difficult is it to install a front level on a 1500? I think the trucks look better without so much front to rear rake.

4. Will 33" tires fit on stock without issues?

5. Can the auto start/stop be permanently disabled. On the F150 I simply unplugged a connection on the battery or you can hack in with Forscan and turn it off too.

Thank you

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1) Nav is meh
5) only eTorque comes with stop/start. Simply find/order a Hemi without it

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2) Yes
3) Easy install, reverse level even easier
4) 33 x 11 fit with zero rubbing

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like Sram1500 mentioned for #3, you can go two ways- level or reverse level. Level involves either spacers, springs, or adjustable coilovers. An alignment is needed when doing a level. The reverse level involves installing rear springs to drop the rear of the truck to match the front, and no alignment is needed. I realize I work quickly, but I had the springs for the reverse level installed in right under 30 minutes.

Kaderast

Reaction score
Not sure on the first three questions.

I did a 2" level with spacers on the front in about 2 hrs. Getting the stock strut out was a bit difficult, needed an extra hand, but otherwise it went smooth.

33" tires will fit.

Only the etorque engines have the auto start/stop. There is a button to turn it off, but everytime you restart the engine. Honestly though it's so seamless with the etorque system you'll completely forget about it.

Users who are viewing this thread