5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General issues and complaints about the system

mac1983620

Reaction score
1 - while on a phone call on Bluetooth, out of nowhere the microphone stops working. I disconnect and reconnect Bluetooth and it works fine again. Acts like it's timing out the microphone.

2 - navigation is showing closed down businesses. Android Auto has very limited nav functionality.

3 - every time I connect my phone via Bluetooth, it asks if I want to make it my favorite (it's the only phone that's ever been connected in my truck). I have to say yes or close it every time, annoying.

4 - I have the 12, and the screen is horribly under-utilized. Should be an option for triple screens. Split screen nav only works if you are using the nav, but won't for map mode. Bluetooth just shows a giant Bluetooth symbol. Only thing that really utilizes the size is nav only.

5 - Uconnect is installed on my phone and registered to my truck, but has not worked for 2 months. Calling Uconnect is a HUGE pain, and I have literally been transferred 5 times in one call because nobody knows what they're doing. Have been promised fixes and call backs and have got nothing. Apparently need to file a formal complaint to get something done.

There's really not a big justification to get the 12 in my opinion. It has a lot of potential, but not in its current configuration.

Are you guys having any of these issues? What are your thoughts?

PedalMonk

Reaction score
1 - while on a phone call on Bluetooth, out of nowhere the microphone stops working. I disconnect and reconnect Bluetooth and it works fine again. Acts like it's timing out the microphone.

2 - navigation is showing closed down businesses. Android Auto has very limited nav functionality.

3 - every time I connect my phone via Bluetooth, it asks if I want to make it my favorite (it's the only phone that's ever been connected in my truck). I have to say yes or close it every time, annoying.

4 - I have the 12, and the screen is horribly under-utilized. Should be an option for triple screens. Split screen nav only works if you are using the nav, but won't for map mode. Bluetooth just shows a giant Bluetooth symbol. Only thing that really utilizes the size is nav only.

5 - Uconnect is installed on my phone and registered to my truck, but has not worked for 2 months. Calling Uconnect is a HUGE pain, and I have literally been transferred 5 times in one call because nobody knows what they're doing. Have been promised fixes and call backs and have got nothing. Apparently need to file a formal complaint to get something done.

There's really not a big justification to get the 12 in my opinion. It has a lot of potential, but not in its current configuration.

Are you guys having any of these issues? What are your thoughts?

1. Yep! This seems to happen to a lot of us. The workaround is to hit the transfer button on the dialpad screen twice.

2. I don't check businesses that much, but the built in nav will only be as up to date as when you bought it. Google maps will be up to date. However, I can't stand android auto and don't use it.

3. I see this too, but my phone always connects and works right away. I don't have to touch anything. I have a Samsung S10.

4. Bluetooth symbol only hsows the giant symbol if it can't find album artwork. How are you using bluetooth? usb drive? songs on your phone? something else? Yeah, why you can't just bring up the map on split screen is weird, I agree. I like the usb screen full size.

5. Uconnect on my phone works fine. I assume you my XM Guardian? I can't comment on calling uconnect, I have never used it. Honestly though, that stuff has never been that great.

Users who are viewing this thread