5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Grabber A/TX

bdm219

Reaction score
I 've been looking at these tires and wondering if anyone had any real world feedback? My truck currently has Bridgestone Duellers and they were absolutely horrible in the snow last year. These Grabbers appear to have strong ratings on Tire Rack. I plan to get new tires this fall. On a side note, these Bridgestone's even suck on wet pavement from a traction standpoint.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I'm bumping this because they are getting very high reviews. They currently lead their category at Tire Rack and are a relatively new tire (released in 2018). They come in a wide variety of 20" sizes, but it doesn't look like they come in any 22" sizes (they come in 17" sizes, popular with off-roaders in other vehicles).

Gdbstudios

Reaction score
Getting some of these installed on the stock 18" wheels this weekend, will try and remember to report on how they do going over the pass to Seattle over Christmas.

barr0208

Reaction score
I bought cooper discoverer Atw3 S4 275/55R20 all weather they are awesome tires have them on my truck and the wifes trailhawk . load rating on my size is 2863 lbs per tire really quiet and good on ice great on snow and very good on wet roads and wear rating of 65,000 miles

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Coopers are the best, had them on my TRD Pro. Much better than Duratracs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bighorned

Reaction score
Can I ask why you went with the Kumho? Ratings don't seem as good and the price difference (at least at my size) isn't much different either.
View attachment 41772
Not sure where those ratings are from but all the ratings I have seen on the tire have been on par with other at tires. all 4 cost me 765 installed. My traction in NEPA has been excellent in the snow and wet.

Gdbstudios

Reaction score
Not sure where those ratings are from but all the ratings I have seen on the tire have been on par with other at tires. all 4 cost me 765 installed. My traction in NEPA has been excellent in the snow and wet.
Those ratings were on TireRack.com

Gdbstudios

Reaction score
I got the Grabber A/TXs put on Saturday night and on Sunday morning woke up to a fresh 3" of snow. That isn't enough for the roads to get plowed here so it quickly got compacted and icey. I had to go back and forth from home a couple of times on neighborhood roads that pretty much turned to ice by late afternoon. There was a few minles of highway driving as well.

Not once did I lose control of the truck. Stayed in 2x4 the whole time. The traction control only turned on when I was gunning it around a corner to test the limits of the traction. Even then the truck never went out of line. I have the Grabber A/T2s on my Subaru (not snow rated in my size for some reason). Those tires have been great in the snow. These A/TXs are even better considering 2x4 and an unloaded bed.

I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great DD tire that doesn't need to be changed in the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread