5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General CarFax question

ryelinek

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how CarFax works and maybe why some stuff won’t appear on a report.

I decided to look up the car I traded in where I got my truck from and they already have it listed for sale.

I pulled the CarFax and it shows ZERO body work or accidents done when I know obviously that car was hit by 2 different morons when I owned it. About 5 days after I bought it someone backed into the driver door and caused almost 3000 in damage. Then about a year later some girl on her phone read ended me in front of about 6 cops manning a 4 way intersection lol.... Both fixed via insurance claims.

Point is none of that is showing on the report. To me that’s crazy. How can you really know what you are getting when you by used.

5394A112-40E5-4F62-9B54-03B3E3499757.png

D

Deleted member 85

There are levels of CarFax/CarProof -

1529877955260.png

1529878035170.png

In my province, we have socialized garbage horrendous terrible God awful ICBC (insurance corporation of British Columbia), so CarProofs that also contain insurance information cost more due to ICBC charging CarProof more for the information.

Long story short - a dealer can pay for the cheapest report and post it in advertising as a deceitful way to advertise the unit, as the cheapest report will often miss certain claims.

ryelinek

Reaction score

View attachment 985

View attachment 986

In my province, we have socialized garbage horrendous terrible God awful ICBC (insurance corporation of British Columbia), so CarProofs that also contain insurance information cost more due to ICBC charging CarProof more for the information.

Long story short - a dealer can pay for the cheapest report and post it in advertising as a deceitful way to advertise the unit, as the cheapest report will often miss certain claims.

Good to know. That makes sense to why it’s not showing then.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 985

View attachment 986

That's crazy. My trade has no accidents but does show dealer service visits.

ryelinek

Reaction score
I got the trade value I wanted out of it so I could care less but I just found that report kinda crazy. Granted the work after each incident was done by a Cadiallac dealer so it’s done properly but still.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is that unless there's been frame damage and/or insurance has been involved, accidents will not appear on CarFax.

ryelinek

Reaction score
My understanding is that unless there's been frame damage and/or insurance has been involved, accidents will not appear on CarFax.

Both my accidents when I was hit had insurance claims and frame damage on the door from the first accident and yet nothing on this report. Go figure. I am just trying to figure this out. Makes you wonder what you get when you buy used and think it’s 100% clean.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Both my accidents when I was hit had insurance claims and frame damage on the door from the first accident and yet nothing on this report. Go figure. I am just trying to figure this out. Makes you wonder what you get when you buy used and think it’s 100% clean.

Thats why I typically don't buy used when its a vehicle I care about. I am way way way too picky about all the small things.

Users who are viewing this thread