5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen5 RAM subwoofer replacement - Pioneer shallow or harman kardon from laramie?

Tjw

Reaction score
Looking at adding an "economical" sub upgrade to my Alpine system. I would like to replace the factory sub with either the direct fit pioneer, or possibly get the factory harman kardon from the laramie. (Which i believe is better than the alpine sub)

any suggestions? I will stick with sub behind the rear seat.

sppb32

Reaction score
Factory subwoofer sucks, well it's ok for some people but if you like heavy bass you need to go aftermarket, the factory one on the Alpine system is also a 3 voice coil subwoofer, first one i ever seen

rgreener77

Reaction score
Looking at adding an "economical" sub upgrade to my Alpine system. I would like to replace the factory sub with either the direct fit pioneer, or possibly get the factory harman kardon from the laramie. (Which i believe is better than the alpine sub)

any suggestions? I will stick with sub behind the rear seat.

I’ve had a lot of aftermarket stereos in my time, I’m fact I used to install them. And , the Harmon Kardon is absolutely money. When I traded my 2020 for a 22 it was an upgrade I insisted on having. It’s an all around great sounding system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did mine with a $20 line converter on the rear speaker outs Schosche line converter with bass knob and bought a used sub, amp, and sub box from a silverado and just chopped it in half and trimmed two edges to get the height correct. Total cost $190

Edit: I unwired the stock 10” TVC sub by removing the pins out of the pigtail at the alpine amp for reuse whenever I sell or trade the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online