5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen3 Coolant

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From the manual
"The engine cooling system must be protected with a high-quality antifreeze coolant to provide proper corrosion protection and to protect against engine overheating. OAT coolant (conforming to MS.90032) is recommended."
Finding the MS.90032 was difficult.

That link to Auto Zone comes up as "fits your vehicle" for my 2019 Ram. Bad info on Auto Zone's part. That is HOAT which would cause problems if mixed with OAT.
I didn't link to prestone's site because they have minimal info, but that variation I showed there is actually an OAT coolant. Prestone claims they are compatible with HOAT as well. The question really is if they can be trusted, but I'd think that would be a big liability if they were wrong. (assuming someone could prove it, of course)

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody out there with a 2019 that has the anti freeze label?
Or
Who has a label and who doesn't?
The label sure makes things easy vs my 2019 owner's manual.
Do you have a Ram classic with the ecodiesel? I'm confused.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is what was given to me by the dealership for my 2019 Bighorn Hemi. I do not know what an eco diesel would take and would not make any assumptions as I am not qualified.
That is what was given to me by my dealer for my 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread