5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geico Insurance, anyone have issues dealing with a claim

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My buddy at work was in an accident with his 19 2500 about 3 weeks ago and opened a claim with geico but he is getting nowhere with them. He cannot get the adjuster assigned to the claim to answer the phone. He has left multiple voice mails with no return calls. He has sent multiple messages to the adjuster on the claim on the website with no response. He has reached out to geico several times and all they do is send a message to the adjuster and he still gets no answer. He was told by one of the reps that geico is short staffed but 3 weeks seems a bit excessive to wait for an inspection. I am not sure what advice to give him but figured I would ask here if anyone has dealt with this with geico.

NRitland2

Reaction score
My buddy at work was in an accident with his 19 2500 about 3 weeks ago and opened a claim with geico but he is getting nowhere with them. He cannot get the adjuster assigned to the claim to answer the phone. He has left multiple voice mails with no return calls. He has sent multiple messages to the adjuster on the claim on the website with no response. He has reached out to geico several times and all they do is send a message to the adjuster and he still gets no answer. He was told by one of the reps that geico is short staffed but 3 weeks seems a bit excessive to wait for an inspection. I am not sure what advice to give him but figured I would ask here if anyone has dealt with this with geico.
Does he have an agent?

What state is he in?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does he have an agent?

What state is he in?
Florida. not sure if he has an agent. I have geico as well and if I have an agent, I have no clue who they are. I bought geico based on the price online, never went through an agent. Don't think I ever have.

NRitland2

Reaction score
At this point. Needs to make noise… Threaten to go to the Florida insurance department-93a. Or hire a public adjuster.

Its sad he is going through that

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At this point. Needs to make noise… Threaten to go to the Florida insurance department-93a. Or hire a public adjuster.

Its sad he is going through that
Is that even an option with car insurance, using a public adjuster? Never heard of that.

NRitland2

Reaction score
Is that even an option with car insurance, using a public adjuster? Never heard of that.
If he is fed up yes. But 10% of settlement goes to the PA.

He needs to call or email multiple times a day.. annoy enough people they will react.

Im in insurance…

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow, I have Geico. Switch between them and USAA occasionally. I never had an agent.

Last time I used them a deer hit my Frontier. Yes, hit me. I jammed the brakes for the one in the road and the next one ran into the side of me. Dented from the driver door back and busted my mirror. They have a cool app, take pictures and boom. Done. I opted for the check and put a $50 mirror on from Amazon.

Sold it to carmax. So in the end with insurance and carmax I got $12.5k for a 2012 2wd 4 cyl wrecked Frontier with 150k miles on it. Sweet.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If he is fed up yes. But 10% of settlement goes to the PA.

He needs to call or email multiple times a day.. annoy enough people they will react.

Im in insurance…
He already has a 1000 deductible. I doubt he wants to give up another % of the claim. What he says keeps changing is the adjuster assigned to his claim. Every few days when he goes online to message the adjuster, the claim has a new adjuster. Says he finds it hard to believe they are short staffed with the amount of adjusters that have been assigned to the claim.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My buddy at work was in an accident with his 19 2500 about 3 weeks ago and opened a claim with geico but he is getting nowhere with them. He cannot get the adjuster assigned to the claim to answer the phone. He has left multiple voice mails with no return calls. He has sent multiple messages to the adjuster on the claim on the website with no response. He has reached out to geico several times and all they do is send a message to the adjuster and he still gets no answer. He was told by one of the reps that geico is short staffed, but 3 weeks seems a bit excessive to wait for an inspection. I am not sure what advice to give him but figured I would ask here if anyone has dealt with this with geico.

I don't know about Florida, but in NJ the insurance company is required to have the claim closed within 30 days or justify to the state insurance regulators why it is not (i.e., parts availability, owners schedule, etc.).

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about Florida, but in NJ the insurance company is required to have the claim closed within 30 days or justify to the state insurance regulators why it is not (i.e., parts availability, owners schedule, etc.).
Yeah I have no clue how Florida works. I’m pretty sure Covid has something to do with the extensive delay but you would think at least somebody would return his calls and let him know when to expect an inspection.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Take it to a body shop and get an estimate. Submit that estimate to Gieco. You are not required to use a Geico partnered body shop for repairs.

And if he has a $1000 deductible, he is kind of screwing himself. Sometimes going high deductible and state minimum coverage, just go get lower premiums, will hurt you more in the long run.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had geico for about 10 years on all my vehicles. A couple claims here and there. They have been great to work with. That is surprising. Keep making calls to the main number, I'm sure something will get done. Or as hskr mentioned, go to your own independent shop for an estimate.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only once, prepandemic. Inspection by agent was super fast and payout check given on the same day, i used another shop not in their network

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Post on their facebook site or other social media - you'll get a response.
Yes, I got Verizon to respond that way once. They ignored me until I made a fuss on thier forums and the posts disappeared faster than a post on the 5th Gen Rams Forum. They suddenly could get in touch with me and address my problem. Amazing how that worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online