5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gears

ronniecoker

Reaction score
I am trying to turn my gear limit off . Followed the directions in handbook that is telling me to press the + sign that is on the steering wheel til it resets. Problem is that it never resets. Please advise. I have a new 1500 Laramie Longhorn two wheel drive. Please advise.

The number that indicates what gear its limited to should disappear. Is it not?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm no help, I run up through the numbers every time I put it in gear to -8
If I push to fast or loose count with an extra button push, after 8 it goes blank (like it should)

If you find out why yours never turns off, I would like to know, so I could replicate it and always have it sitting in -8 forever. (Like It should be able too!!!)
I only have 1,228 miles so far, but I would bet my ECO light has been on less than 30sec this entire time from the few times I forgot to hit the gear selector.

Yeah, that sounds like a good problem to me. I hate having to turn it on every time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My Laramie has a little over 800 miles and is a week old. I’ve only messed with this while driving. After limiting to a lower gear I hit the “+” and it goes up to “8”; one more “+” press it goes to “D” which I assumed means it’s back normal and the gear limit is off. Are you guys trying this while the rotary gear shift Is in Drive or while the vehicle is in Park?

Number isn’t disappearing.
Do you have the option activated for displaying your current gear (in the EVIC - Screen Setup/Current Gear)?

The current gear is next to the D and the gear limit is in the small block on the edge. If you press + on the gear limit when you are in 8 then it should go blank (gear limit off). If you hold the + button for several seconds it will also turn the gear limit off (so you don't have to go all the way through the numbers to turn it off).

EVIC Gear.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back