5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gauge Cluster Indicators

Stinger19

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. When I start my truck, I notice an indicator displaying a lightning bolt in parentheses for a second and then goes off. I believe that the indicator for the throttle control on the pedal. Just wondering if that is normal to go on at start and then shut off. The truck is running fine otherwise.

Also, had anyone noticed the tiny red light above the right gauge. It's just a single dot that turns red during start and then goes out. Does anyone know what that is for?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, there are a lot of lights that come on and go off, like service 4WD, etc. That's just the system starting up.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Stinger19

Reaction score
Yes, there are a lot of lights that come on and go off, like service 4WD, etc. That's just the system starting up.

I do realize that it is normal for indicators to light up when the vehicle is started. I'm just wondering about the electronic throttle control indicator if that's normal. I recently installed and then removed a Pedal Commander and I don't remember this indicator showing at all, but I'm not sure. Does yours upon startup?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Yes, mine comes on then goes away.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, had anyone noticed the tiny red light above the right gauge. It's just a single dot that turns red during start and then goes out. Does anyone know what that is for?
All the lights coming on and going off are part of the boot sequence for the software. Everything cycles to verify the circuits before operation...completely normal as everyone has mentioned.

Anything that stays on after that indicates an issue (as Richard320 mentioned above).

That single red dot in the upper right is the security system light. The next time you get out of your truck and lock it take a look back inside at the dash. That little red light should be blinking indicating that the security system is turned.

I don't think that the standard OEM security is much more than opening a locked door though.

Big Tup

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this symbol is when you start up your truck (look for yellow truck with star and words "off" in picture; below the "215" miles in Range Indicator to the left of speedometer. I realize it's just a system check and there is no problem (as goes out once engine starts), im just curious exactly what it is...while it "might" be the forward collision indicator, that exact symbol is not referenced anywhere in my 2021 Ram Limited or my 2022 Ram Limited

1670013962402.png

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Does anyone know what this symbol is when you start up your truck (look for yellow truck with star and words "off" in picture; below the "215" miles in Range Indicator to the left of speedometer. I realize it's just a system check and there is no problem (as goes out once engine starts), im just curious exactly what it is...while it "might" be the forward collision indicator, that exact symbol is not referenced anywhere in my 2021 Ram Limited or my 2022 Ram Limited

View attachment 145115
I believe it's Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking

vincentw56

Reaction score
I believe it's Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
That's exactly what it is. It takes a sec to activate. If it stays on, then have an issue.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread