5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gatorback mud flaps

itsrname2

Reaction score
Just installed them today. I was thinking at first I would need to remove the wheels to drill extra holes but I didn’t have to. For thr backs I was able to drill from the back side, for the fronts I was able to turn the wheel enough for the drill to make it past the wheel.

Attachments

• 5E433EA9-2808-4FBC-A689-66244D13304F.jpeg
    5E433EA9-2808-4FBC-A689-66244D13304F.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 394

Bjansma

Reaction score
Just installed them today. I was thinking at first I would need to remove the wheels to drill extra holes but I didn’t have to. For thr backs I was able to drill from the back side, for the fronts I was able to turn the wheel enough for the drill to make it past the wheel.
I've got those same exact flaps on mine. So far I absolutely love them!

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my Gatorback mudflaps as well. I went with the black coated steel on mine.

drsubie

Reaction score
Love my gators...I noticed on the newer versions they cut slots that line up with where to bolt...makes install easier than before (I had previous version on my F150). I ended up using a R angle drill to make the holes in the wheel wheel liner...

S

Smashy71

I just put my gatorback on today. They are heavy! Lol. I got the gun metal color. 230 bucks they better be bad a$$.

HotStuff

Reaction score
Just installed my Gatorback flaps on my truck. Definitely not a 5 min per mud flap job like they said it is. But, I figured it wouldn't be with my bigger tires and my anal retentive tendencies about my vehicles. They look great. Hoping I can get a few pics of the truck tomorrow with my new steps and flaps on it.

DennisY

Reaction score
Just installed my gun metal Gatorbacks today. Rear only. I bought the fronts but they are too large for my taste. If anyone wants to buy some fronts, maybe we can work something out.

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_4578.JPG

IMG_4579.JPG

DennisY

Reaction score
Just installed my Gatorback flaps on my truck. Definitely not a 5 min per mud flap job like they said it is. But, I figured it wouldn't be with my bigger tires and my anal retentive tendencies about my vehicles. They look great. Hoping I can get a few pics of the truck tomorrow with my new steps and flaps on it.

Might be five mins on a smaller truck if indeed no drilling required as they state. I have 20 inch factory wheels and had to remove them to do the drilling (two required per flap), and like you, I'm a bit anal retentive, so took my time. RE: the steps, did you buy a bed step or something else? A bed step is my next project. There is a separate thread on them either here or the RAMFORUM. I've pretty much settled on the one I'm going to buy but was waiting for the release of the 2019 step. I believe it's shipping now.

S

Smashy71

Just installed my gun metal Gatorbacks today. Rear only. I bought the fronts but they are too large for my taste. If anyone wants to buy some fronts, maybe we can work something out.

View attachment 14614

View attachment 14615

View attachment 14616
I have the gatorbacks too. I was hesitant about the fronts because they seemed too big. Once I put them on I thought they looked good. Although I need them here because all the mud and snow on a daily basis.

DennisY

Reaction score
I have the gatorbacks too. I was hesitant about the fronts because they seemed too big. Once I put them on I thought they looked good. Although I need them here because all the mud and snow on a daily basis.

Can you post a pic or two? I'd like to see how your fronts came out.

HotStuff

Reaction score
Might be five mins on a smaller truck if indeed no drilling required as they state. I have 20 inch factory wheels and had to remove them to do the drilling (two required per flap), and like you, I'm a bit anal retentive, so took my time. RE: the steps, did you buy a bed step or something else? A bed step is my next project. There is a separate thread on them either here or the RAMFORUM. I've pretty much settled on the one I'm going to buy but was waiting for the release of the 2019 step. I believe it's shipping now.
I don't have a bed step. But I've been looking at them. Just seen kinda pricey. I'm not sure which one I look the best either.

DennisY

Reaction score
My truck is pretty filthy. Pics aren’t the greatest.

Thanks, those fronts don't look bad at all. I think I'll try hanging mine and see what I think. I can always take them back off if I don't care for them. Yours are sure helping keep the mud off of the side of the truck!

DennisY

Reaction score
I don't have a bed step. But I've been looking at them. Just seen kinda pricey. I'm not sure which one I look the best either.

A little pricey, yes, but handy! My 2019 sits so high that I haven't been enjoying getting in and out of the truck bed! :) I'm leaning toward this one: https://www.newlevelmotorsports.com...YD7Y_pgudw1MHfILK4R-AaAhqxEALw_wcB#undefined4

Mopar Auto Parts, which seems to be highly respected also has one but no picture on the web site.
https://www.moparautoparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-step-kit-side-82215289ad

I think I will email them to inquire about a picture. I believe that theirs is a genuine MOPAR product.

Sorry to everyone reading this thread. I know it's about mud flaps, not bed steps.

HotStuff

Reaction score
A little pricey, yes, but handy! My 2019 sits so high that I haven't been enjoying getting in and out of the truck bed! :) I'm leaning toward this one: https://www.newlevelmotorsports.com...YD7Y_pgudw1MHfILK4R-AaAhqxEALw_wcB#undefined4

Mopar Auto Parts, which seems to be highly respected also has one but no picture on the web site.
https://www.moparautoparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-step-kit-side-82215289ad

I think I will email them to inquire about a picture. I believe that theirs is a genuine MOPAR product.

Sorry to everyone reading this thread. I know it's about mud flaps, not bed steps.
Lol, my 19 with the Off Road Package with 34" tires doesn't sit as high as my 03 3500 dually does.... So I don't mind crawling in the back of this one! But ya, I agree that it's not easy climbing in the bed. The rear bumper on these trucks is about useless as a step.

smikels

Reaction score
Here are my mud flaps I installed the other day. I was driving and saw another Ram in the area with a set of Mud Flaps and was like wow those look awesome. After doing some research I found what type they were and ordered mine. They enhance the look of the truck for an inexpensive price and I totally love these! IMG_0534[1].JPG

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Here are my mud flaps I installed the other day. I was driving and saw another Ram in the area with a set of Mud Flaps and was like wow those look awesome. After doing some research I found what type they were and ordered mine. They enhance the look of the truck for an inexpensive price and I totally love these! View attachment 65664
I really like the fact that these are trim specific. Once I get my truck I plan on ordering the Longhorn version. They look great and do a good job of protecting the truck's paint.

Users who are viewing this thread