5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gator SRX roll up cover...people with it some thoughts on it

RonBang

Reaction score
Don’t really want to spend tons of money on a cover. This being probably the cheapest one besides the Tyga one. People that have this cover any thoughts on it? Like it hate it leaks a lot etc...?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the ETX, which is basically the same cover sold through Amazon. Over one year on the truck and zero issues. I bought it over the Tyger because it was more low profile. Can't be best for the price.

script

Reaction score
I have the ETX, which is basically the same cover sold through Amazon. Over one year on the truck and zero issues. I bought it over the Tyger because it was more low profile. Can't be best for the price.
Are you still happy with the Gator ETX after another year of use?

adboyd06

Reaction score
I had one on a previous truck, really liked it. Cheap price and very low profile. If I remember correctly the only downside, for me, was with the cover closed I had to pop open the cover to close the tailgate - I think that was for the Gator cover anyway..

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had one on a previous truck, really liked it. Cheap price and very low profile. If I remember correctly the only downside, for me, was with the cover closed I had to pop open the cover to close the tailgate - I think that was for the Gator cover anyway..
Depends on how you want the seal. Some people think the rubber flap needs to be in top of the tailgate when closed. IIRC, when installed mine, the instructions said to keep the flap against the inside of tailgate, so it hangs down and you can open and close tailgate without popping the cover. You have to open the tailgate to open the tonneau anyways so this just makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread