5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gator FX (and similar) will work the Cargo Management divider

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey guys, don't know that anyone has posted one like this so hopefully I'm not duplicating anyone else's work.

When I went to install my new Gator FX hard cover, I saw that the prop rod hinge for the cover rested on top of my Cargo Divider rails. I first thought about shaving 1/4" off the area around the rod, but figured that would weaken it too much. I took my divider rails out and set them aside, then installed my cover. After I got the cover where I wanted it I went back and started looking at how the rails fastened. Long story short - with a minor screw hole adjustment on the rails, everything fits perfectly!

Attachments

• IMG_2992.JPG
    IMG_2992.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3005.JPG
    IMG_3005.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3010.JPG
    IMG_3010.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3014.JPG
    IMG_3014.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 97

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahhh good move. How far apart is the new hole from the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Reaction score
Its a little more than 1/2" c/c. I actually eyeballed it in the truck, and determined if I flipped the screw mounting block over and used it as a template it would be just right. The center of the new hole is 1/2" higher on the bracket than the the top edge of the old hole, and I drilled it out 5/16". I only did the front holes for now, and didn't use the center hole. It works fine, but I am going to go back and drill the center and rear holes so that it is consistent and I can use all 3 screws in each rail.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice. I’m going to have to try this eventually

HemiDude

Reaction score
Nice. I’m going to have to try this eventually

I was pretty bummed when I first saw the issue. I defintely wanted to have the divider along with the cover, to help keep things from sliding forward when the cover is closed. I'm surprised none of the sites I had been shopping on indicated the covers wouldn't work if you have the divider installed, maybe it's not a common mod.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was pretty bummed when I first saw the issue. I defintely wanted to have the divider along with the cover, to help keep things from sliding forward when the cover is closed. I'm surprised none of the sites I had been shopping on indicated the covers wouldn't work if you have the divider installed, maybe it's not a common mod.

There’s very few that actually work with the divider it seems.

Bill M

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited. It came with a soft tonneau cover from the factory. Would the mopar bed divider fit with this cover?

HemiDude

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited. It came with a soft tonneau cover from the factory. Would the mopar bed divider fit with this cover?
Haven't had experience with that cover but I would think if it sits on top of the bed you would be fine. I know the covers that are flush fit have rails that sit down in the bed, that's where the interference occurs.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't had experience with that cover but I would think if it sits on top of the bed you would be fine. I know the covers that are flush fit have rails that sit down in the bed, that's where the interference occurs.

It’s the under rail clamps that are the issue. Most of them are too long and you can’t secure the clamp with the added rail from the divider that mounts on top of the existing cargo rails.

Users who are viewing this thread