5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gator efx or bak flip mx4

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my first truck. Never owned a cover before. I torn between the two. Gator efx and bak flip mx4. I need to make a purchase by Friday. Because I need it the following weekend. Without going off pricing. Anyone have experience with both? Or what do you love or hate about what you have? Thanks

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Always call for the best price before ordering. With all the supply chain issues, one or both may not be available in a week. I believe the EFX only comes in gloss. I much prefer matte black on my BAK Revolver. Good luck.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had both on different trucks and I can’t see any difference between the two. I went for the gator due to price this time.

morwyne

Reaction score
Got the bakflip mx4 tonneau and I'm very happy with it. Easy to install and the fitment is tight. I went to a car wash last week and there was no sign of leaks.

Limo21

Reaction score
I'm also a first time truck owner and I purchased and installed the Bakflip MX4. So far, I love it! I have several friends who own trucks and they were all very happy with the MX4 cover.

jessed1

Reaction score
Just installed the Gator EFX today. I really did not need it to fold all the way so the price of the Gator EFX swayed me. Happy with it so far (1-day)...

Decuchi23

Reaction score
Gator FX3 and Bakflip mx4 are identical as far as I can tell, with the Gatro being a little cheaper.

jessed1

Reaction score
Gator FX3 and Bakflip mx4 are identical as far as I can tell, with the Gatro being a little cheaper.
I think the only difference (operationally) is how the cover/tailgate can be closed. I believe on the FX3, you have to close the cover onto the tailgate first while the MX4 and EFX allow the tailgate or cover to be closed onto each other.

Users who are viewing this thread