5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Tank Filling Problems

BNeal

Reaction score
So, I have never had the problem where I could not fill my gas tank like so many others have reported. But, my local Costco just installed "new and improved" gas pump handles, now I can't lock the lever on the handle and wait while my tank fills - it shuts off every time. So, although a bit of a PIA, if I tilt the handle by lifting it slightly where the hose meets the handle, it works without shutting off. Not a perfect solution, but at least I can fill my tank.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same thing at my Costco, however they only replaced 1/2 the pump handles so I avoid those pumps on that side of the gas island. What I did find when I inadvertently used one was to pull up on the handle as it was refueling and it wouldn't shut off, let go and a few seconds later it would click off then I had to wait 10-15 seconds before the pump would start again

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problems with new Costco pumps with my truck or wife's '20 Cherokee. Buddy's wife had a Compass and that MFer didn't like to take gas from ANY pump!

Users who are viewing this thread