5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Tank Capacity

ArtieD

Reaction score
One thing That Bothers Me Is how acurate the build sheet is ? My window sticker reads 26 gal tank but I have not been able to get more than 21.5 gallons in it I have run it down to almost sputtering ,and I only got 21-1/2 gallons in it ,there is no way there is a 4.5 gallon reserve, I was wondering How accurate the rest of the build sheet is ? or if the dealer switched it with an ecotec customer that wanted a bigger tank , I do long distance driving right now and 80 to 100 mile more range would have been great , I want a bigger tank but y would I have to pay for it if it is on the build sheet ? Anybody else have issues with build sheets ?
I bought this new off lot !

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Build sheet and window sticker are 2 different things I believe. I know for my 26 gallon tank that I've been able to put 25.5 in it after running it slightly below the zero mark.

ArtieD

Reaction score
Build sheet and window sticker are 2 different things I believe. I know for my 26 gallon tank that I've been able to put 25.5 in it after running it slightly below the zero mark.
Yea both the build sheet and also window sticker say 26 gal but it is only 23 gal and it is not e torque just 5.7 gas ,

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The reserve is pretty big. I have the 26 and fill up a few miles after the light comes on. I usually get 20-21 gallons in so it's at least a 5-6 gallon reserve

ArtieD

Reaction score
The reserve is pretty big. I have the 26 and fill up a few miles after the light comes on. I usually get 20-21 gallons in so it's at least a 5-6 gallon reserve
Ok if thats the case than it would make sense , but all my cars and trucks in past when i run it down usually its 1 or 2 gals with in capacity , and most tanks only have 2 gal reserve i haven't heard of 5 gal reserve but if thats so the math would be right

the FCA PN # 52029885AC
PO PN# 4103201AC
is imprinted on tank

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Please add your truck details in your signature. It helps people to answer questions faster.

What model do you have? What is your configuration (crew, quad, bed length, 4x4 or 4x2)?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you fill up a few miles after the light comes on that means you're at 40-45 miles left on the gauge. That's at least 3 extra gallons. He's talking about running to 0 and still filling up 5 gallons.

ArtieD

Reaction score
Please add your truck details in your signature. It helps people to answer questions faster.

What model do you have? What is your configuration (crew, quad, bed length, 4x4 or 4x2)?
Good Idea Thanks Done!

Reaction score
I think it's been established through the comments that the OP probably indeed has a 26 gallon tank. However, for anyone who is ever not sure, you can just reach your phone or camera under (or crawl under) the underside rear drivers side of the truck and snap a picture of the gas tank label. See mine.
Interestingly, the reason I got under there to verify, is that my window sticker didn't tell what capacity tank my Ram came with.

Attachments

• Gas Tank.jpg
    Gas Tank.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 67

Swayze

Reaction score
I think it's been established through the comments that the OP probably indeed has a 26 gallon tank. However, for anyone who is ever not sure, you can just reach your phone or camera under (or crawl under) the underside rear drivers side of the truck and snap a picture of the gas tank label. See mine.
Interestingly, the reason I got under there to verify, is that my window sticker didn't tell what capacity tank my Ram came with.
I was just looking at my window sticker and it also doesn’t reference which tank I have, 23/26/33. Looks like I’ll be crawling under it today, because I too seem to only get 20-21gal in the tank from empty

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the 23 gallon tank. The most I've ever been able to put in is a little over 19 gallons. Which tells me I have 4-ish gallons in reserve. This would be consistent with past Ram trucks I've owned, which had 26 gallon tanks. I could never put in much over 22 gallons.

taz2016

Reaction score
I have a 26 gallon tank on my Bighorn. I don't normally let it get lower than 1/8 to 1/4 tank before I fill it, but recently let it get low enough to trigger the low fuel level light. I think it indicated a range around 40 miles left when I refilled it. It took 22.8 gallons.

Users who are viewing this thread