5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas pedal sticking

jbs45

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 (ecodiesel)..installed Pedal Commander to help with throttle lag, has definitely helped. But from time to time it's almost like the brakes are not releasing when accelerating from a stopped position. There's definitely a feel of resistance or "sticking" in the gas pedal before it accelerates. Turned off hill start assist today to see if that may be the issue/malfunction, although I'm typically on flat surfaces when I notice it. Anyone else experiencing this? (FYI--It was doing it before I installed the Pedal Commander).

DBaron

Reaction score
Mine does this as well. I don’t have the pedal commander. Did you ever find out issue?

jbs45

Reaction score
Dealership service dept said it was throttle lag, I told them I know the difference between throttle lag & what seems like physical resistance when pushing the gas pedal. They made sure brake calipers weren't sticking, and have decided to order a new gas pedal. I'm waiting to hear back on when those parts arrive.
I asked them if it could be the Hill Start assist malfunctioning & they said they didn't see any codes or reason to think it was that.
I'll let you know once I get the new gas pedal installed.

DBaron

Reaction score
I’ll be interested to hear how that turns out. Hopefully that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online