5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Pedal Loose

alparmer

Reaction score
I can grab my gas pedal and move it side to side about 1/2”. Being that the dealer screwed up the brake pedal recall and a piece fell of, I can only wonder if something is wrong with the gas pedal assembly.

Could someone check theirs and see if it’s normal for it to move that much?

Another piece fell of from under the drivers side bottom dash but this time it was a rubber piece. See pic below

Also see video of pedal issue.

Attachments

• AF914AD3-1047-4FF7-B302-7E88C22A5D12.jpeg
    AF914AD3-1047-4FF7-B302-7E88C22A5D12.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 43

Gusman4

Reaction score
Mine moves just like yours not sure if it’s normal or not.

alparmer

Reaction score
I can grab my gas pedal and move it side to side about 1/2”. Being that the dealer screwed up the brake pedal recall and a piece fell of, I can only wonder if something is wrong with the gas pedal assembly.

Another piece fell of from under the drivers side bottom dash but this time it was a rubber piece. See pic below

It didn’t allow to upload video. Basically, if you grab the bottom of the pedal it will move about 1/2” side to side including the box on top of it that it is attached to.

KingRebel

Reaction score

I also found the same exact loose rubber piece on my 19 Rebel. Wonder what it is.

Gusman4

Reaction score
So I’m sitting at dealership so I went out and check a few other 1500s on the lot. They all move side to side but not as freely as mine does if that makes sense. So maybe some flimsy cheap plastic retaining clip broke. I’ll show and ask them when I get mine back.

alparmer

Reaction score
I also found the same exact loose rubber piece on my 19 Rebel. Wonder what it is.
I also have a Rebel. I hate going to my local dealer because they are dingbats. I wonder if that rubber piece keeps the pedal assembly from moving side to side.

alparmer

Reaction score
So I’m sitting at dealership so I went out and check a few other 1500s on the lot. They all move side to side but not as freely as mine does if that makes sense. So maybe some flimsy cheap plastic retaining clip broke. I’ll show and ask them when I get mine back.
Thanks. Keep me posted.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
man, i just clicked this thread out of curiosity and hilariously, the exact same square of rubber was on my floor mat last week... is this a time delayed piece of rubber or what?

Going in for a recall tomorrow, will add that to the list.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

lol, I found this foam piece on my floorboard about a year ago right after I bought the truck. From what I could tell it goes on the lower ac duct next to a wire connector to keep the connector from tapping against the duct. This was my best guess after investigating things so that's where I stuck it. I attached a few photos. The red box on the last picture is roughly where this location is.

foam piece.jpg 20181004_133323.jpg 20181004_133216.jpg

alparmer

Reaction score
LOL. Let us know what they tell you about the rubber part. Also, make sure they do the recall properly. The metal piece that attaches to the
man, i just clicked this thread out of curiosity and hilariously, the exact same square of rubber was on my floor mat last week... is this a time delayed piece of rubber or what?

Going in for a recall tomorrow, will add that to the list.
Lol. Let us know where they tell you the rubber piece belongs to.

Also, make sure they do the recall properly. The piece of metal they use for the recall fell on the floor mat shortly after driving it home from the dealer.

alparmer

Reaction score
lol, I found this foam piece on my floorboard about a year ago right after I bought the truck. From what I could tell it goes on the lower ac duct next to a wire connector to keep the connector from tapping against the duct. This was my best guess after investigating things so that's where I stuck it. I attached a few photos. The red box on the last picture is roughly where this location is.

View attachment 35483 View attachment 35484 View attachment 35485
Thanks. I’ll have a look

barr0208

Reaction score

yes I had a piece just like yours on the pedal side on the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread