5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas mileage

Staples

Reaction score
I just bought my 2022 2500 limited and it advertises 15 mpg. I have about 1000 miles on it, splitting highway and in town, and I’m only getting 10.4. Anyone know why that is??

I just bought my 2022 2500 limited and it advertises 15 mpg. I have about 1000 miles on it, splitting highway and in town, and I’m only getting 10.4. Anyone know why that is??

A. How big are you? B. You towing or have payload? C. drive in hily areas? D. You make liberal use of the gas pedal?

Also If you add your truck specs to your signature it will help us help you. What engine do you have? Gas or diesel? Mods?

How much city driving are you doing? That's a big truck with a big engine. Looks nice tho!

How much city driving are you doing? That's a big truck with a big engine. Looks nice tho!
Not a bunch. I’m out in montana so it’s a lot of interstate driving. Just not seeing the fuel numbers like the truck advertised

10 mpg is all your going to get with a 3/4 ton. Most guys are averaging 15 mpg with our 1/2 tons. I got etorque & drive like an old man and average 18. My Chevy 2500 averaged 10. It is what it is. Most guys who buy 3/4 tons accept that fact & it doesn't matter because the truck has the capabilities that they need.

Not a bunch. I’m out in montana so it’s a lot of interstate driving. Just not seeing the fuel numbers like the truck advertised
I didn't realize 3/4 tons even state what the mpg is. That must be something new. My Chevy 3/4 ton didn't have a window sticker with mpg on it. I think most guys who buy 3/4 tons are not too concerned with the mpg.

I used to get about 18 hey with my 1990 gmc 2500, but it had a 5.7. Is your truck 4x4? What year are you running? I’d prob go diesel with that rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back