5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Milage 2019 Rebel 5.7

mpurkey

Reaction score
The only way I know to deactivate it is to slept the - one gear sign and then up to 8. Also tow/haul defeats the MDS I believe. No expert though as I’m a relatively new Ram owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should also say that one can buy a Pulsar piggy back tuner that will turn it off as well. Unlike the other methods, it will stay off when set to off. Of course that’s about $500 and I’m not sure it’s worth it. I bought one and ran it on my truck for a few days before removing. I’m a little Leary if its reliability and so wanted to more research before putting back on.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I should also say that one can buy a Pulsar piggy back tuner that will turn it off as well. Unlike the other methods, it will stay off when set to off. Of course that’s about $500 and I’m not sure it’s worth it. I bought one and ran it on my truck for a few days before removing. I’m a little Leary if its reliability and so wanted to more research before putting back on.
And having to remove every time you go to the dealer is a non-starter for me. All for the low low price of $500... :rolleyes:

mpurkey

Reaction score
And having to remove every time you go to the dealer is a non-starter for me. All for the low low price of $500... :rolleyes:

Yep, exactly. I’ll be putting it in the mail today. For $500 I can push the -/+ buttons a lot. I had a bad feeling about it when I first installed it anyway. Installed per instructions, started truck and it ran for like 10 seconds and shut down. Started back though after turning off ignition but left me with bad vibes. It does feel good in performance mode though. Not conducive to better Milage for sure. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread