5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas cap?

gpk43

Reaction score
My 2022 1500 does not come with a gas cap. It's a push the pump nozzle through.

I don't like it.

Is there a lock that's made to keep thieves from stealing $5/gal gas????

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes. Google locking dual cap for cap less tanks.

And there are a few threads about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

I don't like it.

the thread here on the genos gas cap has been removed because it went south

the cap is being re-designed for 2022 as some report it does not fit well
mine works ok and I am using it
go here and keep an eye or contact them for when they will be back in stock

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a thread about this but I am unable to locate it.

Although the website states certain years I believe members have ordered it for the 2022 model year and it fits.
Yep, I ordered one based on comments here about them fitting the 22’s. I finally got it to fit and work if I installed it 180 degrees from what I believe it was designed for. When they have one for the 22’s I’ll pick one up and make someone a deal on the one I have.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Can gas be siphoned from our tanks? I thought you just had to punch a hole in the plastic tank and drain from there. No drinking gas that way.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rock salt is cheap it can be found in 12ga, 20ga, or my favorite 357 (sends a message, doesn't leave a story) look up speer shot.can be light enough to not wake a baby....😃, emo means fun, don't delete me? Right?
I need to check that out! Great for purposes like this or nuisance stuff.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I don't like it.

Locking has cap won't prevent people from stealing your gos. Most just poke hole in the tank and drain it that way. Faster, and they don't have to risk drinking fuel. Plus with the rollover valves, it's hard to get any hose big enough to efficient siphoning into the tank through filler neck

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Locking has cap won't prevent people from stealing your gos. Most just poke hole in the tank and drain it that way. Faster, and they don't have to risk drinking fuel. Plus with the rollover valves, it's hard to get any hose big enough to efficient siphoning into the tank through filler neck
wawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawa:(

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To siphon gas from newer cars, you’ll need a modern pump and hose with a very small diameter, but the principle still applies.

If you are using a pump, then it's not siphoning

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Actually, it's kinda hard to steal gas with from these modern capless systems using the old siphon method, most gas thieves these days use a freakin drill, they drill a hole in the gas tank and steal your fuel that way.

Essentially stealing $50 bucks of fuel (likely what they will get since they will spill a lot of it & probably can't carry 30 gallons of fuel), while costing you $1000 in tank replacement (or insurance deductible). Trucks are especially prime targets for this because it's easy to get underneath and they tend to carry more fuel.

So I honestly wouldn't bother trying to put a lock on your capless gas tank, just make sure to park your truck in safe, well lit, higher traffic areas to prevent gas theft, or more accurately, fuel tank damage.

Last edited:

gpk43

Reaction score
Actually, it's kinda hard to steal gas with from these modern capless systems using the old siphon method, most gas thieves these days use a freakin drill, they drill a hole in the gas tank and steal your fuel that way.

Essentially stealing $50 bucks of fuel (likely what they will get since they will spill a lot of it & probably can't carry 30 gallons of fuel), while costing you $1000 in tank replacement (or insurance deductible). Trucks are especially prime targets for this because it's easy to get underneath and they tend to carry more fuel.

So I honestly wouldn't bother trying to put a lock on your capless gas tank, just make sure to park your truck in safe, well lit, higher traffic areas to prevent gas theft, or more accurately, fuel tank damage.
Good feedback. and thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread